AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What types of units had which models? For example, did only the air assault and paratroops have the MpiKMS-72?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
One of my cousins in Germany was in the Wachbattalion Felix Dzierzhinsky. They were technically a unit of the Stasi stationed in Berlin, but realistically were an elite NVA unit. I know he was issued an mpi-kms72 in the mid-80s. They seemed to mostly go to special and elite units. Lots of paratroopers had mpikms underfolders (milled receiver) into the 80s as well, in addition to the mpikms-72.

Fwiw my cousin hated the sidefolding stock on the mpi-kms72. He qualified as expert with his Makarov and definitely preferred shooting that over an AK when he visited me last. Haha

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of my cousins in Germany was in the Wachbattalion Felix Dzierzhinsky. They were technically a unit of the Stasin stationed in Berlin, but realistically were an elite NVA unit. I know he was issued an mpi-kms72 in the mid-80s. They seemed to mostly go to special and elite units. Lots of paratroopers had mpikms underfolders (milled receiver) into the 80s as well, in addition to the mpikms-72.

Fwiw my cousin hated the sidefolding stock on the mpi-kms72. He qualified as expert with his Makarov and definitely preferred shooting that over an AK when he visited me last. Haha
So motorized rifle/panzergrenadier troops had fixed stock MpiKMs, then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts