AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys that shop on Gunbroker ever use the escrow service or do you just put your trust in the seller's feedback?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Look closely at the sellers ratings from previous offerings. if the items are big ticket items and he/she has good ratings your fine, and a seller with several 50 or more A+ ratings isn't going to screw you over something small. If a seller has sold nothing but nickel and dime items , has a low post count /few ratings (Under 10-20) and your items is the first BIG $$ item..beware....some crooks will build a good rating with small items them offer one of those "Too Good To be true" deals....Be smart, do just a little research on your seller and you'll be fine. I have never used the escrow service and never been screwed (yet). But I NEVER buy from NEW SELLERS on boards or Gunbroker unless it is a small <$20 items that I can afford to be screwed over and others have gone before me and had good transactions...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kalashnikov-kid said:
Look closely at the sellers ratings from previous offerings. if the items are big ticket items and he/she has good ratings your fine, and a seller with several 50 or more A+ ratings isn't going to screw you over something small. If a seller has sold nothing but nickel and dime items , has a low post count /few ratings (Under 10-20) and your items is the first BIG $$ item..beware....some crooks will build a good rating with small items them offer one of those "Too Good To be true" deals....Be smart, do just a little research on your seller and you'll be fine. I have never used the escrow service and never been screwed (yet). But I NEVER buy from NEW SELLERS on boards or Gunbroker unless it is a small <$20 items that I can afford to be screwed over and others have gone before me and had good transactions...
Great advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Always use a USPS money order.

Gotta love being able to start out at mail fraud and work your way up from there.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I have bought a couple guns off of GunsAmerica but never off Gunbroker.
I agree about the postal inspectors backing you up with a USPS money order.That's the way to go.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Some of my better pieces have come from GunBroker auctions. But do keep a close eye on the feedback ratings. I have been burned, 1st degree sort of, but never on a high dollar item. [Over $100]

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
I just got burned on gb on a polish milled stock set. The guys in Poland and is telling me MY mail system lost the stock set. I'll never see my money or the product. I'm working with gb to try to get the guy banned, but they don't seem too enthusiastic about it. I don't get it. The guy burns people (more than just me apparently) and they don't ban him? Really?

·
Registered
703 Posts
It's just like anything else...you need to double check the seller. Anyhow, I picked this ude up a while back on GB.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I've had 50 transactions scattered over 8 years and have never been shanked...always check their GB feed back and if they're first timers or low round counts, I ask for references...if they can't/won't provide references, I move on...never have delt with the escrow service thing and by-in-large, the people I've dealt with on GB have been very good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts