AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to this forum (first time poster, but I've read some threads here and there over the years) and I just bought my first AK variant. I've been trying to figure out if it's possible to convert a fixed stock to a side folder and I figured that this would be a great place to gain some insight and get some advice.

The rifle I'm working with is a Century VSKA TRP with a circle 10 fixed stock. I'd really like to keep the circle 10 stock but convert it into a side folder, so I guess ideally I'm hoping that there's some kind of adapter that goes between the stock and the receiver or something, but I have no idea if that's a thing. I'm somewhat "financially challenged" at the moment so buying a whole new rifle is not really an option, and I'd really like to keep the stock that's already on the rifle because I do love the triangle stock look.

I do understand that AK pattern rifles are nowhere near as "plug and play" as an AR, but I'm pretty good with tools and working with my hands, as well as doing some entry-level gunsmithing if that increases my options at all.

Thanks in advance!!! I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community, and I hope you and yours are all staying safe and healthy!!!!

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Get rid of that rifle, it’s junk.

What you want is possible but not advisable.

There are new made folding stocks that attach to a fixed trunion.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bubba....you have a hammer and screwdriver...Why ask us,.... get to work 🔨 Make it work....use that hammer.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm assuming the stock you have is this:

If so, basically your only route without ditching the stock is to cut off the portion that would sit in the receiver, cut off your tang, and go with an Ace hinge set up.
The easiest inexpensive route would be to ditch that stock and go with the Magpul folder. An easy, slightly more expensive and more durable route would be to ditch that stock and go with Bonesteel/CNC Warrior folder.
The best route would be to sell that rifle and buy something that not only has a factory folder, but also isn't Century built.

·
Registered
AKs, WASR22, XDS, CX4
36 Posts
As a WASR owner, bought almost ten years ago, I'd suggest to go with Magpul. Their Zhukov stock is probably the best value for your money, while being highly functional. Robski from AKOU seems to like the Zhukov stock in a handful of his videos.

Not sure where the parts of that Century build came from. The quick Google search I didn't mention much. At least with the WASRs and other Romanian rifles, there were approriate side folders that could be swapped in with issue. Same with some East German and Polish Tantals. Not sure about the Maadis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts