AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the range with a Bulgy 74 last week. Had a good time but really wished I had a 10 round magazine rather than a 30 rounder. I read several Forum threads on converting existing 30 rounders to 20. Also thought I once read a thread about converting 5.45 SAIGA/Arsenal 10 round mags so they would work in a 922r rifle, but could never find it again. Thought it had something to do with modifying the front lip/locking lug. I see these magazines are all over the market for about $12.00. With my 7.62 rifle I use the Arsenal USA manufactured 10 rounders. Just wondered why they never followed thru with making the same mags in 5.45. In any event, any guidance would be appreciated. Thx!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I found one web Forum & a You-Tube video which provided both the answer & necessary details. Soon as I get a new start capacitor I can get my bench mill back up & working. Using a cutter should provide real clean cuts when I mod the SAIGA 10 rounder magazine lip & lug. Also saw some of the 5.45 x39 VEPR magazines. They are more than double what the Izmash ones are going for. Would be interesting to find out if they can be modified as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Where can I get these for $12 ea? I would like to pick up a few. Vepr mags should be the same mods as the Saiga mags.

Went to the range with a Bulgy 74 last week. Had a good time but really wished I had a 10 round magazine rather than a 30 rounder. I read several Forum threads on converting existing 30 rounders to 20. Also thought I once read a thread about converting 5.45 SAIGA/Arsenal 10 round mags so they would work in a 922r rifle, but could never find it again. Thought it had something to do with modifying the front lip/locking lug. I see these magazines are all over the market for about $12.00. With my 7.62 rifle I use the Arsenal USA manufactured 10 rounders. Just wondered why they never followed thru with making the same mags in 5.45. In any event, any guidance would be appreciated. Thx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts