AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am here wondering what may be the ratio of Chinese and Romanian drum mags vs the rifles that these two countries imported

I know that the China drum mags arent as plentiful, but on the other hand, I believe the Romanians are still making new production drums.

With this being said, is there any China drum still coming into the country?

Also, what is the major, if any, difference between these two (Romy/China) drums?

Which would you choose over the other?

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
Given a choice, I would take a Romanian top loading drum over a ChiCom version. The ChiCom version is not real Military issue, but the Romanian one is, and its more robust.
I do have one Chinese type drum that loads from the back, and I do like the fact that you can load these and take the tension off the spring.
AFAIK, no more Chinese made AK drums are being imported into the country.

Reactions: AK1776UNION

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
How many drums per rifle? None in my opinion. I've had Romy top loading, 75rnd Chicom, and 100rnd Chicom drums. They all worked but are sort of pointless for anything practical. Fun when ammo was $89/1000rnds. Now...not so much and I'd rather spend time taking aimed shots than dump drum's full of ammo into dirt. Invest in mags. They last forever and are much more practical.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I've got a Romanian top loader. Very robust and functions flawlessly. However, I seriously question the practicality of using drums since it makes the rifle very very heavy when fully loaded.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I bought a S. Korean one back when AIM had them for like $50 just for shits and giggles. Never used it and really don't see a point to them outside the military.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts