AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me, show me what the mag release spring looks like? There was a stiff skinny spring in the bag'o parts but it's too stiff/long for the mag eject lever. We tried it but it was so tight it actually put a kink in the spring. (ORF rec.) The only other spring was for the bolt hold open device.

So what spring goes there? Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the one! Hmm... got it in both holes and everything. Kinked the spring on one that we forced and the other would compress the spring so much the lever couldn't go in enough to let loose the mag. So... I can only assume that ORF didn't mill the hole on the receiver side quite enough. Should be an easy enough fix if I clip a coil or two off that spring though right?

Does anybody have a 'thorough' assembly tutorial posted anywhere? I don't have an example in front of me much less ever even handled a VZ... trying to figure out where all these little pieces go is time consuming.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G

·
0 Posts
Just saw this, I just put my VZ58 together and had a similar question. The bigger diameter spring goes on the bolt hold open pin. It is the the pin with the tab on it (looks like a "J or Y" from the side). When the magazine is in without a bullet in it, the pin will hold the bolt open. If you turn the receiver upside down and put a magazine in it, you can see the little piece that will push on it.

The samller diameter spring goes in the mag release. I had to file the release down so it would nove smoothly. I also sniped off a couple of rings.

Look at the other pins and a couple have little reliefs cut in them. One on these goes through the hole and holds the mag release in and the bold hold open pin in. It goes a certain way, beacuse after you put it in you put the pin in with the split end on it. I have seen the split end pin go either in from the inside or outside.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts