AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im built a rear trinion block and will use this set up on my can gun.

Just used the sbr ,because its the only one that I own with the tang cut off for now. going with a Amd lower with a rail installed and a bulgy 24mm FSB moved back to 16.3" to the end. smooth non vented gas tube.





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
My brother and I were planning on doing the same thing using a Yugo underfolder trunion to get the angle. Have the stuff, just haven't started yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I built it out of plate. Ill be tig'n the thing to the trinon (where the tang was cut off) and 2 pug welds on the bottom. welded a nut on the inside. Ill put 2 small roll pin in the thing to keep it from twisting. It feels good and I think I have enuff down angle on it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,171 Posts
i like it. it would be nice to have a rubber slip-over type butpad for the back. i like my butts a little bigger......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,725 Posts
Looks good... :thumbsup:

wish we could have folders here in MA :mad:

turbothis said:
i like it. it would be nice to have a rubber slip-over type butpad for the back. i like my butts a little bigger......
Me too... :goof: :oops: :mrgreen:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,600 Posts
I was thinking of using one on a Krink build (or a poor man's Kirnk, i.e. chopped rusty Romy G kit) for the ultra compact AK, but I don't have a mill to make an adapter block. :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Trotsky said:
Can you work the safety, folded?
I was wondering the same thing. It looks like there will be enough room, but I haven't mocked mine up yet. Curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kracken said:
Trotsky said:
Can you work the safety, folded?
I was wondering the same thing. It looks like there will be enough room, but I haven't mocked mine up yet. Curious.
Yes you have a lot more room than with a underfolder. Its about the same room as a crutch stock.

Look at your CZ stock there is a little demple on the side of the buttstock. If put on right it lines up perfect with the bottom of the AK reciever. I posted pics. of mine finished.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
I think it looks pretty good! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,030 Posts
looks good!!!
I have only handled one but it seemed to lock up tight and solid,I've been looking for a cheap one to mod for my M11.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Penguin said:
looks good!!!
I have only handled one but it seemed to lock up tight and solid,I've been looking for a cheap one to mod for my M11.
I got mine for 20 dollars and yes they lock up tight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
will36 said:
Just used the sbr ,because its the only one that I own with the tang cut off for now. going with a Amd lower with a rail installed and a bulgy 24mm FSB moved back to 16.3" to the end. smooth non vented gas tube.
WE NEED A PIC OF THE WHOLE GUN, MAN!! :razz:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
will36 said:
I got mine for 20 dollars and yes they lock up tight.
I bought a number of Vz 58 kits when they were cheap and only one had tight lock-up. The rest were rock-o-matics. Seems like maybe the Czechs liked to try opening them without pressing the release button first.

:wink:

Your mod looks cool!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,358 Posts
side folder

here a couple of pics of my cur 2, 74 has no recoil so it comfy for me to shoot and stock stands out enough to operate safety


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
I used a Polish bottom folder trunnion. I located and drilled out a 7/16" hole on the rear surface, and used a nut on the inside. You also need to mill a small slot on the rear top of the trunnion for the lug on the stock plate. Once it was all together, I had the 7/16" nut MIGed onto the trunnion. This unitized the whole thing. It took a bit of machining to cut down the new 7/16" flat head socket cap screw to fit the stock plate, as the original is far from a standard bolt.

Since that pic was taken, I have adjusted the angle some. The pic shows the standard AK/VZ mating angle. I adjusted it so the stock closes a little higher on the receiver. I also modded the VZ stock so it would pull open without pushing the button, but will still stay folded under the latch spring tension.

I would have liked to use a Yugo trunnion, but the rear angle is too extreme, and they are too narrow to fit a 1mm receiver.

I think this stock is better than an underfolder, a Romanian/EG/Maadi/Tantal style stock or the AMD65 stock for shooting, but probably not as comfortable as the Soviet style triangle folders. Even with a 7.62 it is comfortable to shoot.




If I had to do it again, I wouldn't use an expensive Polish trunnion. I'd use a pistol trunnion, a welded up AMD65 trunnion or one of these Ace receiver blocks-

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,600 Posts
MASP7 said:
I used a Polish bottom folder trunnion. I located and drilled out a 7/16" hole on the rear surface, and used a nut on the inside. You also need to mill a small slot on the rear top of the trunnion for the lug on the stock plate. Once it was all together, I had the 7/16" nut MIGed onto the trunnion. This unitized the whole thing. It took a bit of machining to cut down the new 7/16" flat head socket cap screw to fit the stock plate, as the original is far from a standard bolt.

Since that pic was taken, I have adjusted the angle some. The pic shows the standard AK/VZ mating angle. I adjusted it so the stock closes a little higher on the receiver. I also modded the VZ stock so it would pull open without pushing the button, but will still stay folded under the latch spring tension.

I would have liked to use a Yugo trunnion, but the rear angle is too extreme, and they are too narrow to fit a 1mm receiver.




If I had to do it again, I wouldn't use an expensive Polish trunnion. I'd use a pistol trunnion, a welded up AMD65 trunnion or one of these Ace receiver blocks-

Damn, that looks factory quality! "MASP7" AK variant! :wink:

I love the CZ folder as it is low profile, and locks in both the open and closed positions. Probably the best, simplest folder I have ever seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to send off a form 1 to sbr it. Works great now just a little long. The fsb will be where the gas block is now and ill move the g.b . back .







 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
Dawg180 said:
Damn, that looks factory quality! "MASP7" AK variant! :wink:
Well, thanks.
Actually, since this was a Romanian, I was shooting for better than factory quality! :grin:

Dawg180 said:
I love the CZ folder as it is low profile, and locks in both the open and closed positions. Probably the best, simplest folder I have ever seen.
I modded my stock so it could be deployed without pushing the button, but the camming action of the latch keeps it tightly closed to receiver.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top