AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a PU Sniper with authentic scope. The turrets are very mucked up and tight but keeps zero when fired. I suspect the inerds are caked with very old dried up lubrication. Is there anyone out there that offers a professional refurb service to dissassemble, clean, reassemble and calibrate with fresh proper lubrication?

I read over a "how to" post on Gunboards but I definitely do not feel comfortable taking this on myself. I'd really prefer to send this to an optics professional that would be familiar with this system. I'm pretty confident it just needs cleaning and relubing and perhaps addressing that the "distance scale turns very easy".

These are some I came across via Google search websites or old forum discussions. I find a mixed mixed bag of feedback for all of these folks.

- Parsons Scope Service ([email protected]own.com)
- Osborn Optical Systems ([email protected])
- Don Miller ([email protected])
- ABO USA Inc (no email)
- Iron Sight Inc ([email protected]) Returned email: 15-16 month turnaround :-(

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
There really seems to be a great void of rifle scope repair facilities.. I've had no luck finding anyone competent to work on Soviet bloc optics.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There really seems to be a great void of rifle scope repair facilities.. I've had no luck finding anyone competent to work on Soviet bloc optics.
man. I can't believe it. There have to be the numbers out there to justify somebody going into business servicing these things.

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
I have no idea if they are able to do it, but you should check with 2 Rivers Arms.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea if they are able to do it, but you should check with 2 Rivers Arms.
Someone on another board mentioned them. I'll try tomorrow or next week. Goin to Knob Creek Thurs :50cal: :goof:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts