AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one for christmas and the only thing I really don't like is that damn cam lock mount. It's one of the universal types. Any body got a link for a new SVT mounting base. It's on my PSL and would like more of that style mounting base.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Biggerstick. I saw that but wasn't 100% certian it would work and the only way to contact them is through email.

G

·
G21, I have an 8x42Pro, and I like it alot. I think the grey color is what makes them so damn ugly. I had mine Duracoated black by Para Bellum. Looks much better!

·
Registered
551 Posts
G21forme said:
While we are on the subject, what do you guys think of these scopes? I was looking at the 6x24 and these things are ugly as sin but if they work who cares right. Anyway I guess my question is how do they work and what is the max range with a wasr-10 with one of these?
I probably would never put a POSP scope on a WASR, even though it comes with a scope rail. You will probably be dissappointed to say the least once you see your groups through the glass... :neutral:

·
Registered
551 Posts
G21forme said:
MauserMark said:
I probably would never put a POSP scope on a WASR, even though it comes with a scope rail. You will probably be dissappointed to say the least once you see your groups through the glass... :neutral:
That's what I have been told, I have been debating between a scope and a kobra red dot. My front sight is tilted to the right a little bit and I have tapped it but can't move it at all, also I kinda suck with the stock iron sights. What sort of group do you think I could get at 100m and 200m with a posp?
if you're not getting decent groups with iron sights don't expect excellent groups with any kind of optics, that's just a rule of thumb.

If your iron sight is so messed up that it's hard to shoot, then get them fixed first before you try any optics.

Honestly the WASR brand of AKs are probably the least accurate out there. So 100m 200m groupings out of a well built WASR with say Barnaul 762x39 at best is maybe 6 inches or more at 100m. With open sights and Barnaul when I had my WASR I could acheive nothing under 12" at 100 yards off a bench. :neutral:

I would get your front sight post fixed, sounds like it has a canted front sight. Then just practice with iron Sights. I have a really nice bulgarian AK74 that shoots the 5.45 round. I put a POSP on it and was getting about 2" or less at 100 yards taking my time off a bench. But it ruined the point of the design in my opinion and I went back to iron sights. I'd rather be really good at irons then if I needed to do optics, I would already be good from practicing with irons. If you only shoot through an optic, and never practice in their natural state (irons) you'll suck if you ever need to use the basic sights.

-mark

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh dear god dont put it on a WASR. Not that it is a bad gun or anything. I wanted something that looked a little tougher on my PSL and I finally put it on and that damn thing is freaking huge. It would almost be half the length of a WASR with the sunshade extended. And personally for an ak I would go with a 4 or 6 power at the most and probably not a red dot at longer ranges.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts