AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure of the proper placement of the scope on the rail? is it possible it doesnt fit cause the scope is russian and the scope rail is bulgarian ( it does go on but logic says not correctly)hmmm? IMG_4908.JPG

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Looks like it's on there correctly. The front of the scope mount should be just shy of the forward edge of the rail. Why do you think it's incorrect? PSO scopes seem to have jacked up eye relief on AK type rifles as a matter of course. YMMV.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
It is an SVD scope. Generally, it does not index properly on an AKM rail. Did you remove the rear indexing nub? An AKM mount is what is needed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It is an SVD scope. Generally, it does not index properly on an AKM rail. Did you remove the rear indexing nub? An AKM mount is what is needed.

This is correct, however NPZ makes an AK mount that looks like the SVD mount as well. The placement of the stop pin is on the opposite side. The original mount that came with my 3-9x24 PSO was like this, and I thought that Kalinka had sent me the wrong one. After conversing with them I was pointed to this fact, and they sent me an MTK-83. This is the standard AK mount shown in the first pic, and the most common one used with the AK type siderail. It helps with eye relief by moving the scope further forward, but still can be a bit akward depending on the model of scope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts