AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a PSO scope (4x32) for my SAR-1 off the Arfcom EE a little while back and when it arrived it had a trashed bracket (centre lever missing, 1/4" bend in the rails, rail cracked all the way through). Luckily for me the seller is a stand up guy and is ordering me a new bracket on his nickel.

I've removed the four outer screws and the two bolts that sit inside the bracket, but things are still solid as a rock. I would assume I just need to carefully tap out those two pins that look like they are holding the bracket to the scope uprights? I've searched for this here and elsewhere but not come up with anything, so any help before I start tapping things with a punch would be great!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
"I've removed the four outer screws and the two bolts that sit inside the bracket, but things are still solid as a rock. I would assume I just need to carefully tap out those two pins that look like they are holding the bracket to the scope uprights?"

Yup - punch 'em out from back to front. You'll likely see that they are not all that tight.

On your new base - put in the screws with blue loctite, drill just barely undersize thru the new base using the existing pin hole pattern as a guide. Wack in your pins :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts