AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently they will use the FN made barrels in a few other models too as an option.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
The FSB/GB combo is one of the DDI pattern ones right? Ugly as fuck. Hopefully these fellas can do a more traditional SVD.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems to have a 45 degree gas tube inside. Maybe that's the reason for being "ugly".

Yeah, the SVD will happen, via FEG.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Not convinced on the FN barrel. They do make at least two different lines of rifles. Their TDP spec'd ARs and their civilian spec'd ARs. As well as Palmetto having at least 3 tiers of rifles. While I'm sure the barrel isn't going to be trash, being FN doesn't automatically mean anything to me. I'll let others be the beta testers for a while

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Not convinced on the FN barrel. They do make at least two different lines of rifles. Their TDP spec'd ARs and their civilian spec'd ARs. As well as Palmetto having at least 3 tiers of rifles. While I'm sure the barrel isn't going to be trash, being FN doesn't automatically mean anything to me. I'll let others be the beta testers for a while
Arik: I’ve been meaning to ask, and you’d probably know (or someone here) does KUSA have the TDP from Kalashnikov Concern?
If someone buys an AK from the US, which of these weird firms is closest?
I have to be honest with you, I have a few 74’s built from kits and a single 47 that I waited to send to Troy until I left California, so I am in the market for a second 47. Obviously not this monstrosity, but something good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Arik: I’ve been meaning to ask, and you’d probably know (or someone here) does KUSA have the TDP from Kalashnikov Concern?
I have to be honest with you, I have a few 74’s built from kits and a single 47 that I waited to send to Troy until I left California, so I am in the market for a second 47. Obviously not this monstrosity, but something good.
no one knows. They haven't said and anything that has been spoken about is pure conjecture or rumor

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I'd bet the OOS status means it isn't available yet. They probably put together the page and just put its status as OOS until then. Many online retailers do that.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On a purely speculative note, I would take the FN barrel over a Romanian barrel knowing the quality history of products they put out.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
On a purely speculative note, I would take the FN barrel over a Romanian barrel knowing the quality history of products they put out.
The romanian products are rough, but generally work extremely well. Maybe more research is needed my friend.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
As far as I know no! In fact from what I remember about KUSA was that they were WRC out of Pa. Importing and converting Saigas. Once Saigas ran out they started building and eventually moved to FL and changed names.

I think they tried to get something going but the Obama administration sanctions would allow it.

Of course this was all like a decade ago and I could be getting my companies mixed up

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
As far as I know no! In fact from what I remember about KUSA was that they were WRC out of Pa. Importing and converting Saigas. Once Saigas ran out they started building and eventually moved to FL and changed names.

I think they tried to get something going but the Obama administration sanctions would allow it.

Of course this was all like a decade ago and I could be getting my companies mixed up
Thanks man. So these outfits are really just making poor copies... Lets hope they can deliver on an SVD... it would probably be the first US made weapon I own.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apparently the FN barrel price is pretty much in line with the AR barrel offered by them. Spikes Tactical sells rebranded FN barrels for ARs. PSA has constantly been out of stock, but who knows... maybe FN will ramp up production.

It's funny how the AK platform has matured in such a short period of time.
Gone are the $100 kit and $300 rifle days. Now we look at $99 barrel and think that's a steal, $150 average price and of course $225 as the premium alternative.
Nickel boron plated parts, drop in trigger groups, adjustable gas systems, countless furniture options, etc.

Yet, somehow, most of us are still shocked at the sticker price.
While the rifle has finally matured after 73 years, we have not. We're still expecting a premium platform below the $500 point.
Oh well.
As the market will eventually oversaturate just like it did with the ARs, the prices might come down too (again as they did with the ARs... not the premium brands tough).

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More products are popping up on the AK-E page.

I think there is a glimpse of hope for those residing in the stupid states.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.10.09 PM.png

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2000 round update by Rob Ski

1 - 20 of 21 Posts