AK Rifles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to go around getting some more voices, but considering the state of the market at the moment for barrels, would it be worth getting the PSA nitrided barrels (Link to the barrel) they do sell one with a gas port as well. Knowing the reputation that PSA holds, they tend to be lackluster in several things, but is there anything particularly wrong with these barrels? I don't care too much for chrome lining or it being hammer forged for reliability or accuracy since this is just going to be a project build mainly for aesthetics and to save on some costs than to shoot to be honest. My other option would be to get a "in the white" barrel and rust blue it, but it'd be nice to have it more corrosion resistant.

I'd like to know if there's anything I should be concerned of in regards to these barrels. Any input would help, thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I was going to just make the leap considering I went with a similar barrel,with no issues, on my last build. Ended up being pretty accurate rifle. Then I got notified that the FB Radom barrels were back in stock at AofA. So I jumped on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
PSA was one of the places I've picked up AR barrels in the past because they sourced the hammer forged barrels from FN which is down the road from them. Great and accurate barrels. But as they expanded, I'm not sure who is making their barrels at any given time or if they make them in house. If they're FN barrels, hammer forged or not, they are some of the best. The FB barrels are great too if you can get one. I have a nitride AK barrel from AofA that I think is a Green Mountain, also pretty great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I literally just asked this same question, couldn't get much of a response. Not sure there's much traffic here these days.

Anywho, I just pulled the trigger on one of their CLHF barrels. No, I wasn't terribly keen on the price. But I'm hoping the CLHF barrel will yield the longevity I'm looking for?

Yeah, there just doesn't seem to be a lot out there at the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts