AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's something I ordered more or less on a whim. But now that I have it in hand I will probably buy a few more.

Exterior views. Note the smaller logo on the smooth vs the larger on the waffle. The smaller logo should be used on the waffle too.

Spring is typical long AK. Twenty-four coil.

The floor plate has a "Rev A" mark. Is this the latest revision?

Steel inserts for floor plate. Also at feed lips and latching points.

And in the rifle. Looks much more "correct" than the waffle mag.

Reactions: Kalliste

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your thought on these magazines vs the Bulgarian polymer mags?
Well, the Bulgarian waffles are pretty much the gold standard. At least for polymer 7.62x39 mags. These are half the price. So maybe half as durable?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to the slabside magazine comparison. I am running yugo BHO mags on my GF3 right now but am looking to buy the 100 style slabside mags when I eventually acquire a PSA 103. So i'll put these on the list of options (when they get back in stock).

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I was referring to the slabside magazine comparison. I am running yugo BHO mags on my GF3 right now but am looking to buy the 100 style slabside mags when I eventually acquire a PSA 103. So i'll put these on the list of options (when they get back in stock).
I haven't used the newer Bulgarian smooth sided mags with the metal inserts but I'd guess the PSA are pretty similar. Same general thoughts on stuff like the Magpul with the steel inserts.

Reactions: C130guy

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weights, just for those who might be interested.

US Palm made 5/15:
212 grams or 7.4 oz

PSA waffle pattern as shipped with PSA 103:
230 grams or 8.0 oz

PSA smooth polymer:
220 grams or 7.8 oz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts