AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,
I have a Bulgy '74 coming with a triangle side folder. What would the "proper" optic setup be?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
During Warsaw Pact times, the main purpose of the optics rail was for the mounting of Night Vision Optics like the 1PN51 and 1PN58. The 1P29 "S.U.I.T" could also be used and was a multipurpose optic with interchangeable caliber cams that included 5.45x39. That would be the most correct optics for it.

Mounting of PSO and red dot type optics were not period correct standard optics and would not really be the most "correct" as issued.

1PN51 Night Vision Scope

1P29

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Trumpet said:
Alright,
I have a Bulgy '74 coming with a triangle side folder. What would the "proper" optic setup be?

Thanks
"Proper" for what purpose? Proper for decoration or proper for effectiveness?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point. Proper for effectiveness. I don't want something that's 1) impossible to service or 2) so "coveted" that I don't want to actually use it.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Trumpet said:
Good point. Proper for effectiveness. I don't want something that's 1) impossible to service or 2) so "coveted" that I don't want to actually use it.
Then I'd definitely recommend and Aimpoint, either the older Comp ML2 or ML3, the C3 "budget", or the new T-1 or H-1.

I've tried the Russian stuff, not tough enough or as useable for what I want.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
At what range are you shooting the dogs?

I would recommend an Aimpoint Micro H-1 on an UltiMAK mount, generally speaking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts