AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored a 7.62 NATO Saiga from Bachmann Pawn in Jan 05 for $185.00

Sent it to In Range in Feb 05 for a Milspec Retrofit........

Troy Sellars contacted me today and said it's just about done. Here are the pics I took of it before I sent it to him:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Phil................I hope you sourced those hicap .308 mags for me by now..... :wink:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will post some additional photos as Troy Sellars sends them.

I also asked him to "sanitize" the receiver to get rid of the "Read Owners Manual" crap................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is trigger guard/mag catch one piece?
I am converrting AK to saiga :lol:
I need saiga trigger guard for my conversion

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PROJECT SAIGA 7.62 NATO LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now my next project is to find a way to get it out of hock!!!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
One more thing...you are going to need one of those strap on 'nade launcher recoild pads. :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I talked to him tonight about it.....he said it was horrendously loud!

Guess I can stock up on some .308 to shoot it!

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Beautiful, I gave one to my brother in law last year for christmas and the fucker hasnt even taken it out of the box yet. I'm thinking about going over there and slipping an sks in the box and taking the rifle, lol. That thing is a sight for sore eyes. That thing would look tits with the new beta mag comming out and with the size of the mag i'm sure a feed tower can be made. Congrats on a beautiful rifle!! McM

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
sweet looking steel,....hell the 5.45 makes a pretty nice bark,...i can imagine what a .308 would be like.

what kind of optic was that? what does it do? how much?,. and whos door do i have to beat down to get it?

and it would just be sick with a 7.62 NATO Beta-mag

JaketheSnake said:
OK tell me how the tab thing is installed?
the tab thing is a bolt hold open lever / device,..it is attached to the hammer axis pin,....and the with a spring on the trigger axis pin,... it is pretty simple and straight forward,..i still have the one from the pile-o-saiga parts i got off a friend,.. i plan to use it on something,...i just dont know what yet.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
cruzie27 said:
sweet looking steel,....hell the 5.45 makes a pretty nice bark,...i can imagine what a .308 would be like.

what kind of optic was that? what does it do? how much?,. and whos door do i have to beat down to get it?

and it would just be sick with a 7.62 NATO Beta-mag

JaketheSnake said:
OK tell me how the tab thing is installed?
the tab thing is a bolt hold open lever / device,..it is attached to the hammer axis pin,....and the with a spring on the trigger axis pin,... it is pretty simple and straight forward,..i still have the one from the pile-o-saiga parts i got off a friend,.. i plan to use it on something,...i just dont know what yet.
No, not that. I'm referring to the tab that holds the triangle stock down to the rifle. I just can't figure out how their installed.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhh,.. that little son of a bitch,...it is a hook,. spring,. and pin,....a square hole is cut for the hook,..a hole is drilled thru the reciver,..and into the trunnion just under the barrel,...thats the easy part,...the pain in the ass is getting the spring in position and getting the pin,.. that now has spring pressure on it,.. into the little hole in the trunnion which you can not see if you have the barrel installed.

i think it is a real M-F'er and it is the only part i hate doing when i put together a AKS-74,...after i did the one for my bulgy kit i let the buddies i was helping suffer thru it them selves on the kits they where building,..but i still have to do it when i build my AK-104 and AKS-74U clones,..so if one day you hear alot of currsing comming from god knows where,....................

it kinda looks liks so,...hope this helps

ETA: please excuse the window licking third grader on the short bus look,.. i assed this together a few months ago to help someone on the other site,.. and there was no way in hell i was takeing my AKS-74 apart to take pictures

1 - 20 of 20 Posts