AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my Vepr 12 in Wednesday, and I have been working on making the gun 922r compliant. I have added a compliant muzzle brake, gas puck, and pistol grip. I added a Tapco G2 FCG modified for the Vepr 12, and the Tapco hammer sets so far back that the bolt cannot cock it; the hammer comes back with the bolt. Did I overlook something obvious? Is this Tapco trigger out of spec? The hammer looks almost completely horizontal when cocked (I need to use my finger to cock it). I also noticed that the hammer seems to slightly catch on the trigger assembly when I try to cock it.

The gun can't be the issue, as the Russian FCG works flawlessly (how I loathe 922r). Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't have any Russian mags aside from a 5 round one; my "high capacity" ones are 12 round ones from SGM Tactical. Am I correct in assuming that I will be compliant running these US mags while using the Russian FCG until I can resolve this Tapco G2 issue (3 parts on gun, 3 parts in mag)? Will I be compliant if I restore the folding stock's functionality (break weld with Dremel) with the Russian FCG and the aforementioned parts?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I picked up my Vepr 12 in Wednesday, and I have been working on making the gun 922r compliant. I have added a compliant muzzle brake, gas puck, and pistol grip. I added a Tapco G2 FCG modified for the Vepr 12, and the Tapco hammer sets so far back that the bolt cannot cock it; the hammer comes back with the bolt. Did I overlook something obvious? Is this Tapco trigger out of spec? The hammer looks almost completely horizontal when cocked (I need to use my finger to cock it). I also noticed that the hammer seems to slightly catch on the trigger assembly when I try to cock it.

The gun can't be the issue, as the Russian FCG works flawlessly (how I loathe 922r). Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't have any Russian mags aside from a 5 round one; my "high capacity" ones are 12 round ones from SGM Tactical. Am I correct in assuming that I will be compliant running these US mags while using the Russian FCG until I can resolve this Tapco G2 issue (3 parts on gun, 3 parts in mag)? Will I be compliant if I restore the folding stock's functionality (break weld with Dremel) with the Russian FCG and the aforementioned parts?

The grip and puck with SGM mag should have you at 5 US parts out of 15 that are counted. The muzzle didn't decrease the parts count, since it didn't have a foreign muzzle to begin with, you basically made the parts count go from 15 to 16. With that said, you should be fine for 922r with stock FCG parts. I did the same parts except the muzzle break. With the Tapco G2 FCG, US piston and grip, you can use original VEPR 8rd mags. That's why I used the Tapco G2 FCG parts to increase US parts count.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
After I got home from work tonight, I looked at the FCG in my Vepr 12, and I instantly noticed that I installed the hammer backwards; the "hump" was facing downward toward the receiver instead of upward toward the rear of the bolt.. I am grateful for your replies, but I apologize for this error. I am quite sleep deprived, and it has had an effect on my concentration at times (I am easily spending 14+ hours on most weekdays between college courses and work). I sometimes make stupid mistakes on tests in school (not errors on the principles, but things like accidentally circling the wrong letter on a multiple choice test or mixing up a couple of things), and overlooking a minor, yet important detail on a hammer is another example of this. The FCG group is now working flawlessly as I installed it the correct way this time! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts