AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! This is my first day, and thread, on the website and I intend to make the most of the collective knowledge here right away. I've had my RAS-47 for a couple months now and recently put a Sightmark Ultra Shot Site on my side mount. With the regular butt-stock there's no way of maintaining a solid cheek-to-stock weld and attaining proper sight-alignment so I'm looking for any number of a) higher stock recommendations and b) shorter side-mounts. If I can provide any further information that would allow you guys to give me better advice, just ask. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Pics of the set up would help. Some rails are way too high. Check out RS Regulate, they have good quality rails that sit low on the dust cover.

Not mine but as you can see, they sit low

But, as a general rule AKs don't have the best cheekweld when it comes to optics. You can do chin or you can get one of those slip on pads

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
That mount is probably more intended for scopes to clear the rear sight. If you want to go lower, you'll have to use the RS Regulate or try and find a Midwest Industries mount.

Reactions: TRAAK's

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Is that held on with screws?

Please deposit that here

OK seriously though, that's waay too high and honestly more tacticool than practical.

Get the RS. There's a review of it here (if it's still up). Or check out the Midwest Ind

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,884 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Adding a cheek riser to wood, or using magpul furniture that can take risers could help also. But I would see where you are at with your new setup first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts