AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During test firing of a vz58 build on a ORF receiver and compliance parts, it was discovered that the striker was hanging up on the sear. The problem was easlily solved by milling a few thousands from the bottom of the striker.

I was just curious if anyone else has encountered this problem? May be something to watch out for.

thx

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had that problem as well. I just took a file to it and filed down the edge a bit, which seemed to work out great.

I also had to do some filing to several other parts to get everything to work smoothly.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
"it was discovered that the striker was hanging up on the sear"

Sure it was doing that? For grins - look at the front/side of the striker where the little "notch" is for rotating it into the carrier. Now look at the end of the grove just below it - do you see a peen? As though the striker end has been slamming against the divot in the carrier that is designed to keep it in the carrier?

I ask, because I experienced this with a commercial build - a very creepy FTF that happened about every 10 rounds, yet the trigger group felt fine. It always took about three racks to get the striker unstuck, and was fixed with a GENTLE sanding of the carrier Divot with a Dremmel & a fine sandpaper drum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts