AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang:

I have been eyeing a Krink for some time. I still can?t get a good feel for the price. I see a lot of ?pistols? in $700 range. The SBRs, however, are priced for 13 to 1400. Why? Does the stock cost $700? Can you buy a ?pistol?, pay $200 stamp and convert it to SBR?

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i ahve wonered this my self.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You can buy a pistol and SBR it yourself, if you live someplace that will allow it.

Most pistols, though, will not have the correct folding stock trunnion (or the latch hardware). You will have buy the correct stock, trunnion, latch (front and rear) and rivets, remove the pistol rear trunnion, weld at least one of the old holes closed, cut both sides of the receiver for the stock latch, install and rivet the new trunnion, and refinish.

It's probably cheaper to get one that's done already, unless you can do it yourself.

When I built my pistol, I used the folding stock trunnion and installed the latch. For me, it will be just a matter of the tax stamp and installing the stock.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
eodinert said:
You can buy a pistol and SBR it yourself, if you live someplace that will allow it.

Most pistols, though, will not have the correct folding stock trunnion (or the latch hardware). You will have buy the correct stock, trunnion, latch (front and rear) and rivets, remove the pistol rear trunnion, weld at least one of the old holes closed, cut both sides of the receiver for the stock latch, install and rivet the new trunnion, and refinish.

It's probably cheaper to get one that's done already, unless you can do it yourself.

When I built my pistol, I used the folding stock trunnion and installed the latch. For me, it will be just a matter of the tax stamp and installing the stock.
GASP! Your supposed to use a rear not capable of accepting a stock! But it's not like it makes a lick of difference. NFA is stupind a BATF should be the name of the coolest store ever, not a police force.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i dont think your looking at a real krink pistol
they make pistols out of lots of diff parts
call them a krink and bump the price 2 bills

most of those "krink" pistols dont have 1 krink part on them

an actual krink pistol is gonna run you around 1k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts