AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y,all.
Just wondering if I should pounce on an opportunity to buy a bag of 1k uncleaned/old primer still in, cases of once shot, mostly Lake City/milsurp(?) 223?!?
I dont mind going thru the cleaning process and removing the old primer as this gives me more handling time with each case which in turn gives me time to inspect each case for defects.
I just want to get a good deal as I plan on diving in to the loading hobby.

So, whats the most you would pay for a bag as described above?

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
All I have seen lately was $79.00 + shipping at Widener's. Brass has sure gotten expensive but there has to be a better price than this available somewhere.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I am extremely fond of FREE brass. Not as hard to find as you might think!

I spend a relaxing day plinking at the range. Sooner or later one of the local mall ninjas will show up with girlyfriend in tow in order to have someone to show off their ample skills. (hint: They love it when you ask their girlfriend where he learned to handle a rifle like that, and how does he shoot it that fast?) Be polite, don't mention the fact that he is missing the target. After the shooting is over, I have usually made two more friends and being the polite one, I always tell them what a pleasure it was just to watch them shoot! The ninja leaves smiling with a swelled head and puffed out chest with girlyfriend cooing in his ear.

As for me, well SOMEBODY has to clean up the BRASS! :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts

I spend a relaxing day plinking at the range. Sooner or later one of the local mall ninjas will show up with girlyfriend in tow in order to have someone to show off their ample skills. (hint: They love it when you ask their girlfriend where he learned to handle a rifle like that, and how does he shoot it that fast?) Be polite, don't mention the fact that he is missing the target. After the shooting is over, I have usually made two more friends and being the polite one, I always tell them what a pleasure it was just to watch them shoot! The ninja leaves smiling with a swelled head and puffed out chest with girlyfriend cooing in his ear.

Ain't it the truth!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Haha. Awesome.
Lucky for you.
As for us commie/fascist-ruled Illinoians, we barely have ranges to boast about and as for the nearest one to me, they have an express policy where you are not allowed to pick up brass. At $20 an hour for range time, Id expect them to at least allow one to do that much.
Besides that, the owner is a bloat-head, thinks he knows it all.
Last year when I had an AK I was trying to get cash for, I took it in and he offered me $250-300 while at the same time having his own tacticooled China SKS w/o the original bayo or stock for $1400!!!!!!!
Wtf?!?!?!?
Needless to say, I havent been back.

We really need some changes in this state.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Haha. Awesome.
Lucky for you.
As for us commie/fascist-ruled Illinoians, we barely have ranges to boast about and as for the nearest one to me, they have an express policy where you are not allowed to pick up brass. At $20 an hour for range time, Id expect them to at least allow one to do that much.
Besides that, the owner is a bloat-head, thinks he knows it all.
Last year when I had an AK I was trying to get cash for, I took it in and he offered me $250-300 while at the same time having his own tacticooled China SKS w/o the original bayo or stock for $1400!!!!!!!
Wtf?!?!?!?
Needless to say, I havent been back.

We really need some changes in this state.
Gotta love ranges like that. And they wonder why the online market is killing them...

Literally the only thing keeping the crap ranges/stores around me afloat are the panics/newcomers

Nice grab, that was definitely a great price IMO

Reactions: AK1776UNION

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Just wondering if I should pounce on an opportunity to buy a bag of 1k uncleaned/old primer still in, cases of once shot, mostly Lake City/milsurp(?) 223?!?
I think it's funny how I see brass advertised all the time as "once shot". It seem that I never see it advertised as being shot one or more times. If someone is selling brass as once shot, I think it's fair to ask them how they know it's once shot. If their job is sweeping up at a police range and all the headstamps match, then I can buy the once shot claim. If they just picked it up at the local range and they have mixed headstamps, then they might have some of my 5 times shot in the mix.
I dont mind going thru the cleaning process and removing the old primer as this gives me more handling time with each case which in turn gives me time to inspect each case for defects.
You are wise. Be thorough and you will be rewarded with a better quality finished product. I think you got a good deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts