AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this:
NIB, with 6 non-polytech mags, a Chinese chest pouch, and 500 mixed rounds of ammo. I inspected it, it is NIB, with the usual dummy nicks in the lower handuard and the slight scar across the receiver from the safety and the slight scar around the underfolder hinge from being manhandled.

What say you? Also, it says P.T.I. / SILE N.Y. on the bottom, but everywhere I look they are described as Norinco's? (Triangle 416 on the trunion)

Pic:

·
Super Moderator
10,329 Posts
NIB, I would say in the $1K range. Anything below $900 would be a steal IMHO.

Hootbro

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Locally, you'd be looking at about $850-$950 for a NIB like that.

I've noticed that prices fluctuate a little based on where you are and what the market is like.

Great rifle, I've had about 5 Chinese underfolders through the years and stupidly sold them off. :confused:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
THS, I'm going to move this down to the Chinese section, where you'll get some "professional help" :twisted: .

I'd always assumed that the Sile guns were basically Norinco's.

I thought that Polytechs were imported by Keng's and by B-West.

Rotdorn will hook you up I'm sure, if not one of the other Chinese masters. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Templar said:
THS, I'm going to move this down to the Chinese section, where you'll get some "professional help" :twisted: .

I'd always assumed that the Sile guns were basically Norinco's.

I thought that Polytechs were imported by Keng's and by B-West.

Rotdorn will hook you up I'm sure, if not one of the other Chinese masters. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the move Templar, makes sense. I guess it's priced kind of high then, maybe I'll pass on it. It's just so damn cool though, and comes with a bunch of stuff. Mags, pouch, ammo, etc. There's some Norinco yellow box and some white box in the mix with it.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Yes, it is a pre-Keng's PolyTech, as stated above PTI was POlyTech, before the exclusive with Kengs. Also the 416 factory code is another give away.
More later I am running late..... as usual! :wink:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a factory 386 Poly underfolder...only visable differences are a checkered pistol grip & folding spike bayonet.

I blacked the bayo & got the stock a bit more red because I'm deranged.

See what I mean about the "deranged"? Comes & goes.

I'd say that a NIB with understandable shop wear is worth around $1200 -$1400. Clean used ones often fetch that.

Lollygagger :smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts