AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that this should be in the egyptian forum, but i was hoping to take advantage of the higher traffic here :twisted:

anyways, its a maadi, i would say that it is in 95% condition, really nice wood on it, good bore, i dont think that it is a pre-ban or a steyr....its just a really nice looking maadi with a price tag of 495.....is it worth it? worth more? should i buy it??? i really am thinking about it :twisted:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Seems $50-100 too high for a post-ban Maadi to me, unless it's been debanned. But that depends on what model, condition, and how bad you want it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Which model is it - MISR-10, MISR-90, MISR-S/A, RML, ARM? Does it have the folding stock or butthole stock or wood stock. Threaded barrel?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it has a straight wood stock, when you are talking threaded barrel should the threads be on the end of the muzzle after the front sight? if so then no it is not threaded.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It sounds like it is a MISR-S/A. There is a new in the box version at gunbroker for that price. I passed on this one as it does not have the threads and I am holdling out for one that has them.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =105309441

For comparison, there is a MISR-10 used Maadi at my local gun store that they have listed at $399 that is very beat up. The MISR-10 was brought in as a single stack and was converted later to a double stack. I have also recently seen a NIB PARS RML with butthole stock in CO sell for $485.

Make sure that the maadi you are looking at is not a MISR-90 as that was a bastard made out of chinese parts mated to a maadi receiver.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is a PARS RML.......so it would be a fair price then??

i'll think i will pass on this one, who knows, if it is still there in a month then i might not be able to help myself :twisted:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts