AK Rifles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I got this 1P29 sight some time ago, and I'm unsure if I want to sell it or not. On the one hand, I don't have an Ak to mount it on for now so it's just a showpiece, so if I sell it the buyer might put it to better use...
And on the other hand, it's a sight which isn't very common, so it is a nice piece of the collection...
These factors combined with that I don't really know what it's worth make me unsure about what to do, so what would be the rough value of it?

Picture:

It's complete with a carrying pouch, all 3 cams (For Ak-74N, RPK-74N, PKMN), spare rubber eye piece and spare eye piece clamp.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
AA-OK.com has it listed for 800 bucks (which I find a bit too steep for any russian/soviet optic)..

It's a collectible for sure...perhaps Stottman has an angle on this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How is the tritium? Probably at half life by now...

I've never gotten more than $200 for one like yours with all the accessories & case.

Oh, one plus is it's pre-'96 or so. Most imports don't have the hammer & sickle(sp?). If a bring-back, get documentation & then get some bucks for it!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I picked up this one for $250 last year. Not sure, but I think it's a post_Soviet Russian (?)

I wouldn't mind having a hammer and sickle marked one. If you decide to sell for somewhere in the low to mid $200's, drop me a line

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, I'm still unsure if I want to sell it...

@Kuiper: Yeah I've seen the AA-ok one, that is indeed grossly overpriced, but they seem to be for quite a lot of things.

@wildmann43: Yeah the tritium is a bit faded, it needs to be pitchdark for it to be clearly visible, the (translated) manual I have says it can be replaced, but I doubt I can still find bits for it.

@Aardvark: Nice scope, I actually haven't seen all that much post soviets around. I doubt it differs much from the Soviet one except for the stamp. How is the tritium on it?

These are the only pictures I could find of the 1P29 in use btw:

Russian 76th VDV troops when they visited China for combined exercises:

Interesting to see the latest issue gear being in use. They are wearing Flora bdu's, 6SH92 vests and 6B7 helmets with flora pattern cover.
This might be a longshot but I actually think that is a hammer & sickle 1P29, atleast it looks like it.

Note the Pecheneg MG in the background with a 1P29.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
It's mine now.... :grin:

[cartman mode on]I've got a soviet 1P29, now who wants to touch me.......I SAID WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME G*$D$#IT!![cartman mode off] :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Does anybody know how to date this sights from serial no. or anything else.

Mine is in the pic FW200 posted serial no 30361 soviet issue

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Here's some pics of the sight mounted on my weapon... 56k warning!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Paid the equivalent of 300 dollars for mine, complete with three cams (AK, RPK and PKM). Pouch and extra eyecup. All parts were still in storage paper. Tritium is past halflife...

The 800 bucks AAOK is asking for one is on far steep side IMHO

nightvisionweb.com sells a UPO2-1 optic which is basicly the 1p29 for the civilian market

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
I was figuring 200-300 tops for these that are in the US. I would expect most if not all are past half life. I was bidding on one over on gunbroker, but stopped when I get to $250 and reserve was still not met.

Will anyone recharge these?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Someone once had an idea to put shotgun tritium frontsights in these, the tritium part that is. The whole idea was to "melt" the metal away with acid and the glass with tritium would go into the sight.

Falfiles has it somewhere, other that DIY solutions I doubt someone is available to replace those lamps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts