AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Firing on "Press" and "TV" marked vehicles and individuals tells you alot about the mind set of these people. :roll:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I saw that last night on tv. :neutral: Did they ever find out who fired at them? It seems like something the Abkhazias would do.

·
Registered
446 Posts
WOW now thats what i call intence. :shock:

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
That clip brought back bad memories..

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
no kidding, just standing around minding your own business and tink tink tink.

luckily for us we have a QRF and UAV nearby, I doubt those reporters have much.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Budoka34 said:
Firing on "Press" and "TV" marked vehicles and individuals tells you alot about the mind set of these people. :roll:

Fox news said it was the Russians

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Man !!!Ive been in a vehicle that was taking rounds from two sides..It sounds just like that..I watched that 3 times and every time I felt chills..
I dont know if anybody here has been in the same situation but it s like time slowes down and when it happend to us I dont even remember hearing the gun shots just the glass shattering..

Man I feel sorry for those guys..

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive been under fire several times but not in a vehicle. that would be the worst i think cause your stuck and the only thing you can do is hope your going straight and floor it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Damn those Russians. Kicking them on the way out, too. Did anyone watch the next video of the news reporter being shot in the arm while on camera?

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Ditto on the "bringing back memories" and "getting chills again." All I can say is, welcome to real combat. Soldiers dislike reporters and Russian soldiers dislike them more, apparently.

I can totally appreciate the job of a journalist... BUT in the chaos of battle, it can be hard to distinguish between a cameraman and sound man with a backpack from an RPG gunner and an assistant with a rocket pack during or right after an attack. Luckily, almost all US soldiers must adhere to some pretty strict ROE (rules of engagement).

However, please note that the video is somewhat one-sided and truly an excerpt of the whole situation - who's to what transpired prior to that event. The journalists may have (inadvertently/accidently/ignorantly) went to fast through an area or didn't adhere/didn't hear warnings from the shooters to stop. Remember, we are talking about journalists and most people know how they can behave to get that story.

·
Registered
132 Posts
those where Georgians that did that not Russian. all Russian forces have patches identifying them to what branch and unit they are in. the soldiers in that film didn't have any on them what so ever and were wearing u.s. hand me down vests and other gear. I used windows movie maker and some other program that let me see that film frame by frame

1 - 14 of 14 Posts