AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am new to this forum so please be patient with me if my questions are somewhat ignorant. I recently accquired a FEG underfolder ak variant? I have checked the serial no and the manufacturer (Kassnar) not KBI it appears to be a preban rifle my question is the value also and I am some what concerned with the furniture it is reddish/brown in color, my limited research shows that this particular weapon should have blonde furniture.
I am unsure if this is the original furniture, any info will be greatly appreciated
thank you

·
Registered
22,906 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Got any pics of the gun? Did it come with the box and accessories?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just posted some pics but I think they went to the "my album" section. They should be there i also posted a pic of serial no and manufacturer unfortunately no box or accs
thanks

·
Registered
22,906 Posts
They sure did... you can post pictures to the thread by using the "insert image" tab located in the toolbar. If the image is saved to your computer, use the basic uploader and click browse. If it's on a site like imageshack or photobucket, you can use their links or the 'from URL' option.

Neat looking gun..was it your first AK? I think the prebans are running like 1200 or more but I'm probably off. The handguards might be replacements but again not sure on that.. some of the guys here have encyclopedic knowledge....hopefully one will chime in here shortly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Your HG/PG are not original to your SA-85. The original wood was solid blond with no palm swells.

Your HG's is laminate with palm swells. It is difficult to tell from the pics, but it looks Polish.

Even so, the SA-85 was one of the finest pre-ban rifles to be imported over here. You have a fine weapon. I really enjoy mine, and is the most accurate 7.62x39 AK I own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info I am not very computer literate, its not my first AK I have owned a couple of WASR as well as an arsenal, i took this one on trade. Just wasnt sure if I traded well or not. After your estimate of value I think I did well
Thanks again for your insight and assistance

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The correct furniture is available at the moment. APEX has the parts sets on sale & given the quantity of kits available at several other sources, individual components should become available at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts