AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A family everyone here knows. They are a nice couple 80 years old. They were going home last night he took a logging road. I guess a short cut. He got turned around. When backing up ran off the road and got stuck. No cell phone he stayed with his wife in the truck most of the night. Sometime during the night he realized her oxygen was running out.

He set out on foot thru the woods to get help.They think he got lost . Someone found him all confused and upset about 9am today. They found his truck about 1:30 his wife was dead.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They were only about a mile from home thru the woods. The roads they were on are a maze of logging roads. I hate running them in the day time. They said he may have had a small stroke while in the woods.

·
Registered
832 Posts
dude that is horrible will..i can donate alittle cash that way if need be man

that just sucks man

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
dude that is horrible will..i can donate alittle cash that way if need be man
that just sucks man
I think postive thoughts and prayers will help most. His kids are pretty well off. I bet they will have to put him in a home now.

At the gunshop tonight a guy said she always said she did NOT want to die in a nursing home. Guess she got her wish.

thanks for the offer that was nice of you.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Prayers sent. This was a great reminder as to why I drive an hour upstate to help out my 90 yr old aunt and uncle out every saturday, and why I should never complain when it is inconvenient. I really appreciate that reminder.

·
Banned
950 Posts
I don't understand, why didn't he crack a window if her oxygen was running low? She had lung problems and a tank?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
So sad I am sure he is just devastated at the turn of events. At that age having spent many years together the passing of one oft times initiates events that lead to the surviving spouse shortly joining their loved one. I know it was that way with my Grandparents and my wife's grandparents and in some ways it may be a blessing as often the passing of a longtime spouse leaves the remaining person lost and alone. I will pray for him.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BRADLEY COUNTY, Ark. (KTHV) -- Arkansas State Police have deactivated a Silver Alert for a missing Drew County couple, Charles and Margaret White.
According to the Bradley County Sheriff's Office, the couple's truck had gotten stuck on a rural road. Mr. White was able to flag down a vehicle for help, but deputies said Mrs. White, 84, had died of natural causes while stranded.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
This is really sad. My mother passed away in April, from her COPD. My step-dad had a generator installed a couple of years ago and wired to the main power box because my mother had so much anxiety that they could loose power and she couldn't get her oxygen. She stopped driving the 350 one way trip to see me because of her anxiety. I drove down to see her every weekend and sometimes in the middle of the week if she had to go to the hospital. I still go at least once a month to check on my step-dad. Poor guy is miserable now.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
What a horrible tragedy. Hate to hear news like this. May she RIP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts