AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done one of these lately? Friend got a couple kits and was thinking of trying one. I see 9mm barrels and receivers are available. Bolt looks to be a different story as they fire from a open bolt.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Got to convert it to closed bolt striker fired, I haven't built one yet but have a couple kits myself that I'm going to get started with soonish. If I run into any got to have videos or howtos I'll post em.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my limited search i thought i seen a kit online that comes with a receiver and a new bolt. When i get more time I’ll have to look again.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I have a couple to build down the road. I have not looked into it in a while but I do remember weapons guild having some good building info on them.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
I would avoid 9mm.

I know the "Pioneer Arms" pistols are not builds, but mine is a POS. Couldn't make it through an entire magazine without a double feed, and had two out of battery detonations within the 1st (and only) 100 rounds or so.

Remember that blowback SMGs like the Pps43 use the bolt weight as their method of operation. Its hard enough to accomplish a conversion to closed bolt; Throwing another caliber into the mix doesn't help.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what ive been reading the mags seem to be the problem when using the 9mm caliber. Maybe sten mags might be modified to work? I got some laying around to play with. The bolt modifications seems pretty straightforward or there is a couple places selling replacement modified bolts.

Maybe after my cetme project ill start on one.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
From what ive been reading the mags seem to be the problem when using the 9mm caliber. Maybe sten mags might be modified to work? I got some laying around to play with. The bolt modifications seems pretty straightforward or there is a couple places selling replacement modified bolts.

Maybe after my cetme project ill start on one.
Mags were fine.

The PA 9mm mags were standard mags with a spacer for the slightly shorter 9mm round. But standard 7.62x25 mags worked....

The problem was the conversion, and the fact that the PPs43s bolt weight/spring was optimized for the blowback of 7.62x25. Its hard enough with weight loss from converting the bolt to closed bolt.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, with the cetme almost done i dug this out to check it out.

Unfortunately just by looking at parts, it seems its cheaper to buy one already built.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I received the $90 kit that I ordered from Centerfire Systems. I'm very pleased with what I received. The three magazines, sling and pouch all appear new. Based on the mixed serial numbers, the demilled parts are a mix from different rifles. However, they mostly appear new as well. This will be a good set of spares for the PPS43 C that I have on the way. Hopefully, I'll SBR it soon (well, soon as big brother allows).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts