AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Just looked through their catalog... lots of good stuff. Never heard of them before.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
What would it take to assemble one of those?
I'm working on one right now. It's not technically difficult, but it's a lot of tedious work. You have to get either a flat or a repair sections and re-weld the receiver, find a barrel, weld in a denial bar, mill a slot on the bolt to clear the denial bar, remove the sear catch on the bolt, drill the bolt out for a firing pin, and either make or get one of the pre-fabbed semi only fcg. You can order the trunnion from them and Hellbox Armory makes them as well. I'm using a KP-44 barrel in mine because I wanted 9mm. It took a bit of work to get the barrel and trunnion to fit.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Hmm. Don't really have the equipment to do that. May have to put that idea on the back shelf for now.

I'm working on one right now. It's not technically difficult, but it's a lot of tedious work. You have to get either a flat or a repair sections and re-weld the receiver, find a barrel, weld in a denial bar, mill a slot on the bolt to clear the denial bar, remove the sear catch on the bolt, drill the bolt out for a firing pin, and either make or get one of the pre-fabbed semi only fcg. You can order the trunnion from them and Hellbox Armory makes them as well. I'm using a KP-44 barrel in mine because I wanted 9mm. It took a bit of work to get the barrel and trunnion to fit.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most people buy them for spare parts and putaways.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Hmm. Don't really have the equipment to do that. May have to put that idea on the back shelf for now.
The only somewhat out of the ordinary tool I have used for this was my welding machine. Otherwise it's been a dremel, a drill press, and a hammer doing the work. Where there's a will there's a way. Either way, it's a good price and you could always resell it later.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Royal Tiger Imports is importing a 9mm PPS-43 pistol soon. You can pre-order them on their website. They are $500.
Yeah I saw that. I'm planning on a 16" barrel conversion though so I don't have to wait on a stamp to replace the stock. I'm also toying with the idea of leaving the barrel a little long if I do sbr it so I can attach a suppressor. All of that makes doing the conversion a better route for me.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
So, I am assuming these are cheap for two reasons:

1. There is no 7.62x25 in bulk to be found
2: Royal Tiger begins shipping their 9mm PPS-43 pistols this month.

·
Registered
21,770 Posts
so dont need any more temptation.

on the other hand, im a little pissed about missing out on a great deal TWICE so I'm a little put off by the whole 'buying shit' thing.

·
Registered
292 Posts
So, I am assuming these are cheap for two reasons:

1. There is no 7.62x25 in bulk to be found
2: Royal Tiger begins shipping their 9mm PPS-43 pistols this month.
That's my assumption as well. If the Royal Tiger guns were priced better I would have just gone that route. Since they're wanting $499.95 I should come in cheaper with the Centerfire deal and a replacement barrel.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
That's my assumption as well. If the Royal Tiger guns were priced better I would have just gone that route. Since they're wanting $499.95 I should come in cheaper with the Centerfire deal and a replacement barrel.
I tend to agree. I do wonder if RT's 9mm barrels are Polish in origin as well though as opposed to the conversion units found stateside.

·
Technical Advisor
15,522 Posts
No front trunnion, barrel or barrel shroud. OK price but not special unless you need the rear end arts etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts