AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Well no wonder they haven't gotten any tips from releasing that security cam footage; it doesn't show anything but a few sparks flying.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I believe they are playing up a case of vandalism, Things like this happened regularly in years past but now its "terrorism" . I actually worked for a major utility in California back in the late 70s and most all out of the way substations and remote equipment was vandalized in some way, usually from bullets and breaking and entering. I believe some was done by pissed off employees or young "adults" wanting to try there new rifle.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I work for a small Electrical Co-op in south Louisiana. I think we have to report all acts of vandalism or theft to any substations or transmission lines to the feds now. As part of the compliance I had to make up some signage to post up around the office, encouraging people to report suspicious behavior near our outdoor facilities and also any inside attacks to our computer systems. If anything it helps keep the sheep employees head on more of a swivel. The week the policy was enacted, a group of employees was on their way to a meeting at a sister office. They spotted a "suspicious-looking" man near the gate of one of our substations. A service man was sent to the area only to find that it was the property owner that lives across the street from the substation picking oranges off his trees. The guy is pretty rough looking though. One might be tempted to give him spare change if he were sitting on a park bench dressed in his usual clothes.:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts