AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking with a guy about one of his ak's . He has had it for 25 years and neither of us know what it might be worth . He said its a Polytech national match . This is the best pictures I have right now but the barrel seems longer and it has a cone flash hider . No box or paperwork . I saw 2 that sold recently on gunbroker without the cone for $3600 and$2800 . Any value would be greatly appreciated .

·
Registered
727 Posts
that does seem to be the area code they live in these days , i have a Pre Ban and the Mak 91 Post Ban , they are indeed something special

Reactions: kjack333

·
Registered
727 Posts
////////

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply . Those two on gunbroker didn't have the cone flash hider . The higher priced one though came with original box . They are awesome either way .

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
These days the Poly Tech National Match seems to be selling in the neighborhood of $2500. That cone muzzle device is original to the rifle and many were lost over the years. A very important part of the rifle! They are almost as impossible find.

·
Registered
727 Posts
These days the Poly Tech National Match seems to be selling in the neighborhood of $2500. That cone muzzle device is original to the rifle and many were lost over the years. A very important part of the rifle! They are almost as impossible find.
i have one on GB , though it has some pitting (Conical FH)

·
Registered
234 Posts
They are oddballs as shooters, the heavy 19” barrel is slightly awkward for maneuvering and I personally wouldn’t want to add another 3 inches with the cone MD.

Sure, as a collector piece that sits in the back of a vault most it’s life, then yes are undervalued at $2500 and I would want the cone, repro or original, but would aggravate me looking at that ugly rail knowing I’d never be able to own the original optic mount that fits it.

mak-91 nat match.

·
Registered
727 Posts
They are oddballs as shooters, the heavy 19” barrel is slightly awkward for maneuvering and I personally wouldn’t want to add another 3 inches with the cone MD.

Sure, as a collector piece that sits in the back of a vault most it’s life, then yes are undervalued at $2500 and I would want the cone, repro or original, but would aggravate me looking at that ugly rail knowing I’d never be able to own the original optic mount that fits it.

mak-91 nat match.
you are not lugging it through a jungle ,you are not running tactical drills with it lmao !!! , you are plinking with it , how awkward can it be bench shooting the heavy barrel , longer barrel increases accuracy , how can a conical flash hider increase awkwardness , your whole summarization of the rifle seems ill informed

the only thing what you said that makes any sense is the fact it sucks the optics and mounts didnt make it into the country , only a handfull did for salesmen to say this is what you will be ordering to vendors

OP buy the rifle , its as solid as they come , its accurate , smooth and stable View attachment 306511

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He has 2 Polytech mags as well . No paper work or box . Has the 19" long barrel with cone flash hider . What should I offer ? Is in pretty good condition .

·
Registered
727 Posts
im not going to tell you what to offer , its relative to how bad you want it , and what you are willing to pay , there comes a time when you need to make these decisions on your own , you see what they bring , we confirmed thats the correct neighborhood , now you need to sharpen some haggling skills , but dont listen to that nonsense that its awkward or anything other than a first rate rifle ,thats simply put ,bullshit , thats a factory produced milled receiver AK , not some kit gun

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not going to tell you what to offer , its relative to how bad you want it , and what you are willing to pay , there comes a time when you need to make these decisions on your own , you see what they bring , we confirmed thats the correct neighborhood , now you need to sharpen some haggling skills , but dont listen to that nonsense that its awkward or anything other than a first rate rifle ,thats simply put ,bullshit , thats a factory produced milled receiver AK , not some kit gun
[/QUOTE

That's true . Thanks for the help . I'll post some better pics if I complete the purchase .

·
Registered
234 Posts
you are not lugging it through a jungle ,you are not running tactical drills with it lmao !!! , you are plinking with it , how awkward can it be bench shooting the heavy barrel , longer barrel increases accuracy , how can a conical flash hider increase awkwardness , your whole summarization of the rifle seems ill informed
hmm, you act like you know me but yet you’ve confused me with an indoor rifle ranger and occasional weekend warrior.

I actually DO live in the boondocks on 1150 private acres and although NE Georgia isn’t "jungle", the pine's VERY thick here.

I always carry a rifle anytime I’m walking more than 300 feet from the house for my safety from wild boars and wild dogs.

So at 60 years old, I’ve got a fairly good bead on which of my firearms function reasonably well, over others, hence my previous post being a statement of fact from my experiences "lugging" rifles around here.

·
Registered
727 Posts
im 57 and have owned one for well over 20 years , so your Awkward description is ridiculous , is it a rifle to carry on the tractor , 4 wheeler , brush gun ? no there are better weapons for that but you dismiss it as awkward is pathetically ill conceived , you do not buy that rifle for a brush gun , so to base its value on those terms is and i stand by it BULLSHIT

by your criteria any rifle that isnt a a suitable woods gun is not worth having unless its a safe queen , "your words"

·
Registered
727 Posts
so what you are saying is you are a one trick pony , if its not a field gun its a safe queen , so that some how qualifies you to tell the op the gun is not worth having unless you want to stow it away in the back of a safe , thats so stupid its laughable

·
Registered
234 Posts
My opinion must have really gotten under your skin, interesting.

Been fun, I’m going back to living the dream (y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts