AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lead on a Polytech Legend. Guy will trade (partially) for an AR15. I already have a brand new lower assembly I can trade and can easily pick up a inexpensive quality upper for below regular price. I already have a Norinco preban that's BNIB. Should I go through the hoops to buy the Legend? His asking price is $1500 and I'd have to drive quite a ways to get it. I'd love to have it, but that's alot of bones. I'd probably have to sell off a couple other guns to bring the extra cash in.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I would not pay the $1500.00 for that one pictured. If you can get it for less (a lot) with your trades, then if the barrel isnt pitted, or the other internals compromised, OK. It will definatly be a shooter looks like.

Has it been refinished? Hard to tell. You would need to invest in some furniture, barrel nut, and ? to give it a original appearance. You would need to really look that over good. You probably know that though.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you think it's worth?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
legend

I like the blonde wood, does he have the bayonet and is it blonde? If those are polytech mags with chrome followers and if that is the original box, I think 1500 is close, I would find a muzzle nut. If it has been refinished and those are not polytech mags and if no bayonet, and not matching box, then maybe 1250, just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
If the barrel is OK, and the internals are all original, and not any bubba gunsmith work, as is, I would not pay over $1000.00. That is if it has the original blueing.

I am not the collector, as I shoot any firearm I have, so there may be others who place a higher value to them.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
That doesn't look like the original box? If it is a true legend I would say $1,200.00 cause it does need a little work.

T

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I doubt you can get it for a grand, but try. Realisticly 1200.00 to 1400.00
I would hit him with the pad on the buttstock drops value, manuel isn't the right one, but I would take it anyway, box isn't original, the sling is, proably the mags are just chinese 7.62 but maybe one is a poly. If there is no bayo use that to to get the price down. if you get it for 1400.00 still is a good deal. They are selling on GB 1800.00 up 2400.00 depending upon the goodies. Also blonde bayo's are hard to come by.

·
Registered
833 Posts
what are the markings on it ? some of the first Legends, never said "legend" on them....Just Polytech AK47s . The first ones came in plain boxes too.....Check the end of the box for whats printed....

Though chances are the Box could be from another Poly judging by the wrong manual.....worth looking into though

try to get it for 1100-1200

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It says Model AK-47/S.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
JOEZETA said:
what are the markings on it ? some of the first Legends, never said "legend" on them....Just Polytech AK47s . The first ones came in plain boxes too.....Check the end of the box for whats printed....

Though chances are the Box could be from another Poly judging by the wrong manual.....worth looking into though

try to get it for 1100-1200
I dont think any of them actually said Legend on the rifle itself. Mine doesnt, although it has the nice white box with red Legend writing and the color Legend manual.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I've read that stuff about the word "Legend" being marked on some rifles before, but I've never seen it.

Mine did not have it.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I don't think getting him down on price by mentioning the buttstock pad issue is gong to work - especially since it's something added-on. If anything, he might raise the price because it's an additional item.

I've also never seen "Legend" on the receiver of the them but have only heard about it.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
legend

Mine doesn't say legend on it either, but it did come in a brown box like the one pictured, with a color brochure. The ones I have seen in the brown boxes also came with 1 mag no place for 3, atleast that's how mine came.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually like the buttpad, and add them to all of my shooters. We're still dancing around values, I'm trying to do a trade since I can use my armorer pricing to build a rifle cheaper than he can buy one. IMO, $1200 seems like a good number, but I wouldn't pay cash for that...just trade + $$.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
PolyTech Legend

Mine came with 3 poly mags, sling, rosewood handle bayonet, and was new unfired. Brown box serial numbered to the rifle. Does not say legend and serial number starts with P47. Rifle feels much heavier then my milled SAM-7 from Arsenal. Also the rear sling mounts on the receiver where it should. Buy that Legend and get a new stock for it from KFS. But $1500.00 is to much unless you want it real bad. It needs a chinese muzzle nut also. But people like me will snap up a NIB one and never sell them. Just shoot them.

I Love mine.........Just my $.02
CAB

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He's lowered his cash asking price to $1300, and he hasn't gotten much interest. I think I could get it for $1100 cash. I'm selling off some stuff at the gun show this weekend and we'll see if that drums up the cash to buy it.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Could be wrong, but to me it looks like a bunch of rust on rec. and top cover and wood looks filthy along with other problems i would be concerned if rust on ouside, whats on inside? :roll:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where do you see rust? I have other pics of the gun, it's in very good shape, but a shooter, not a show piece. Wood looks good.

·
Banned
344 Posts
From where mag starts to the end of trigger guard! Wood on grip looks caked with dirt, stock also looks dirty!
I would not go over $1100. due to its other issues, from what i see on that picture i would check it out very closely! Good luck! :roll:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
vz58kid said:
Could be wrong, but to me it looks like a bunch of rust on rec. and top cover and wood looks filthy along with other problems i would be concerned if rust on ouside, whats on inside? :roll:
I don't think that is rust, the bluing has patina from age. Mine is the same way. The top cover is made from a differant type of steel so it has not aged the same color as the receiver. Also the lighting in the picture is poor. The stock needs replaced with a Legend stock that you can still get from KFS. I believe they go for $115.00 complete with all the metal and screws (and they are new left over old stock). The muzzle nut may be one of the hardest parts to find. For $1100.00 if the barrel bore is bright and the action tight I might buy it myself.

Just my $.02
CAB

1 - 20 of 50 Posts