AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a Poly AKS-762 with the folding spike for 975.00+ 25.00 shipping. I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal, considering that all the prebans I've seen lately are priced WAY on up dere! The guy that has it says it's pristine, and would make a great collector piece, but dammit! I'm gonna shoot the hell out of this thing!

Just thought I'd share my overflow of joy...

Later!

Kenny

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Well, mine was only $695 in excellent condition with all original accsessories, and a nifty padded leather case... :grin:.

It takes extreme luck to get a deal like mine though. Pick it up, that is the going rate on these, $800-$1,000 based on condition and such.

I shot the hell out of mine last weekend, and it worked excellently! If you have never shot a preban before, this will be a monumental experience. The prebans bump fire 10X easier, I almost thought mine went full auto on me! I think its because they have the original trigger groups, whereas after the 1989 ban the new guns have US trigger groups. I had bump fired a SAR before and even that wasn't even close!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one is going to replace the one I used to have. My old one got stolen back in 2002. I can't wait to get hold of this one, because I really miss having one of these. They do shoot like the dickens, and they're pretty damn accurate, in spite of all that hooey I always hear about AK's! I hope this one is as much of a joy to shoot as my old one!

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
doubleclaw said:
Found a Poly AKS-762 with the folding spike for 975.00+ 25.00 shipping. I'm thinking this is a pretty good deal, considering that all the prebans I've seen lately are priced WAY on up dere! The guy that has it says it's pristine, and would make a great collector piece, but dammit! I'm gonna shoot the hell out of this thing!

Just thought I'd share my overflow of joy...

Later!

Kenny
You got a fair deal. Some could argue you could have found one less but I have seen worse prices.

Below is my Poly that I bought off of a young university student right after the ban sunset for $500. Kid sold it due to it "doubling". As I though after tear down, the disconnector spring was broken. Replaced and been happy ever since.

Hootbro

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
doubleclaw,

A good deal is one where you have the money to spend, want the item badly enough, and are happy with the purchase. :beer:

Here's my Polytech AKS-762:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hmmm?

I thought the Poly usually had a checkered & "thicker" PG...my underfolder I got in '88 does.

I noted that none pictured do.

Lollygagger :neutral: (jus' curious)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Is $450 LNIB with ALL accessories and mags + Russian drum a good deal?

I passed that up about 10 years ago when I thought all AK were nothing but communist junk. If we could only relive the past. :sad:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I rember when I lived in Lubbock Texas around 1985-86 or so I saw a bunch of them for sale at a grocery store downtown.
They had red bakelite side folders and nice underfolders. I think the price on an AKS762 was about $305 something like that.
If I only knew....

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Glock Holiday said:
I rember when I lived in Lubbock Texas around 1985-86 or so I saw a bunch of them for sale at a grocery store downtown.
They had red bakelite side folders and nice underfolders. I think the price on an AKS762 was about $305 something like that.
If I only knew....
Perceptions were different back then. That was back in the time "assault style" weapons only made up 3%-4% of the market, ammo was hard to get and many old coots thumbing their nose to "commie junk". Plus $305 would $541 in todays dollars with inflation. Still a deal but a good chunk of money for most who at the time always thought they would be around when they finally decided to buy.

I do miss the days when any hardware store, auto parts store,drug store and even Sears and J.C. Penny sold guns.

Hootbro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts