AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
polished charging handle, were they standard on anything besides Chinese?

i am afraid i have come to the conclusion i like the looks of a polished charging handle. so im going have have it done on my G kit and my polish under folder that was on a sportsman guide kit. that will leave me 2 polish under folders without polished handles.

so what do you guys say ya or nay. which do you like better?

im afraid that's the only bling i want on my ak.

Ronald

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a bling moment when I thought of doing mine but it wouldn't be right on my VEPR but I do plan on doing it on my next AK, I say go for it!

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Off the top of my head, Chinese, Yugoslavian, and I have seen some Tantals with polished carriers.

They look kickass!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I did mine on my Romy frankenbuild. It looks pretty good.

Dental companies sell polishing wheels designed for polishing chrome partial denture frameworks to a very clean high shine. I have found that those wheels work excellently with a Dremel for polishing the bolt carrier. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I have a question...Is the bolt carrier/charging handle a carbon steel, chromed or what? If it is just a regular carbon, aren't you worried about getting surface rust?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Chinook said:
If it is just a regular carbon, aren't you worried about getting surface rust?
Not sure what type of metal it is, but I've had no problems with rust at all. I just give it a coat of CLP before I put her away for any length of time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Soldier48 said:
Chinook said:
If it is just a regular carbon, aren't you worried about getting surface rust?
Not sure what type of metal it is, but I've had no problems with rust at all. I just give it a coat of CLP before I put her away for any length of time.
+1 Not a problem unless you leave it somewhere you shouldn't for a length of time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Polish

Go for it!! were not in combat YET are we!!! It look tactical LOL git er done! George

1 - 12 of 12 Posts