AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a source of the cleaning/tool kits for Tantel cleaning rods. I know this is a hard to find item, but thought I would give it a shot.

· Registered
796 Posts
Keep an eye out on gun broker. I finally found a complete cleaning kit with all the little bits and pieces:

Has the later style plastic oil bottle. Even came with either an Onyx or Mini Beryl cleaning rod which the Tantal mag pockets have the slot for in the back.

Seller said it had come in with some full auto samples some time ago, wasn't sure if it was from a Tantal or Beryl. The kits are essentially the same except the Beryl kits don't have one of those small pins from what Ive seen. There are a number of the Beryl style kits on gb now direct from Poland if you wish to take that route.

· Registered
8,468 Posts
I love that short, 2-piece cleaning rod. Haven't seen that one before.

I've been trying to sort out the various Polish cleaning kits with the illustrations in their manual. The Beryl user's manual shows that the Poles issue a cleaning kit for it that contains some of the Tantal cleaning accessories. It's got everything in it except the Tantal's hammer assembly pin. The Beryl has no provison to carry a cleaning rod on the rifle, so there's a full-length two-piece rod to carry in the magazine pouch.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
mohawkALSE said:
Keep an eye out on gun broker. I finally found a complete cleaning kit with all the little bits and pieces:

Has the later style plastic oil bottle. Even came with either an Onyx or Mini Beryl cleaning rod which the Tantal mag pockets have the slot for in the back.

Seller said it had come in with some full auto samples some time ago, wasn't sure if it was from a Tantal or Beryl. The kits are essentially the same except the Beryl kits don't have one of those small pins from what Ive seen. There are a number of the Beryl style kits on gb now direct from Poland if you wish to take that route.
The two small pins to the right, one is a slave pin for the fcg, what is the other?

· Registered
8,468 Posts
The other pin with the flange on it is an aid for assembling the hammer with it's associated parts.

The earlier version of the Tantal's FCG has a conventional AK style one-piece hammer/trigger spring, with bent ends that lay over the trigger. The later, improved version had separate hammer and trigger springs. This added another part to an already very intricate mechanism, but simplified assembly. I don't know which version of the FCG required a hammer assembly tool, but I'd guess it was the latter.

It is shown (item 11) in this illustration from an original Polish Tantal manual. I'm not certain if it's of any use with other Polish weapons.

Tantal cleaning kit:

· Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
So did all of the kits you got from APEX have 6 of the 7 parts shown in the above picture (except the hammer pin)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.