AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a polish underfolder kit and I would like some advice on which receiver to use and who I should use as a builder.

While I like shooting, I am more of a collector and it is important to me that the AK has a nice fit and function which includes having the dust cover and safety align properly, properly formed rivets, and the rifle parked and painted evenly.

First, I have been considering using NDS-1P with a custom serial number that matches my kit. Is this the best receiver for a Polish underfolder? And is it worth having Nodak engrave the selector markings or better to have the builder do it?

Second, which builders are recommended for building polish underfolders? In addition to the items above, it is important that the builder communicate the status of the build and conduct the business transaction professionally.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
IMO....I would go with NoDak Spud receiver NDS-1P. Depending on who you have build it...that is who I might go with for the selector markings. Take a good look at some of Stottmans pics of Polish UF and see their selector markings vs. NoDaK selector markings this might ultimately decide the question for you.

Here is a pic from NoDak Spud website on their polish markings

Here is a pic from Stottman showing true Polish UF markings

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
FokkerSF...after seeing those two pics side by side.. NoDak Spud looks pretty good to me. IMO I think I would go with NoDak Spud. Depends on what builder you use, but normal charge would be 50 dollars to engrave selector engravings, you might save money with NoDak Spud and get the same look.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Definitely NDS for the receiver. It is as good or better than an original in terms of quality. Markings, I know nothing about.

·
Registered
487 Posts
This isn't a very good close up, but here are what Orion Polish markings and selector notches look like on an NDS receiver:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts