AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some Polish blank firing mags from Poland a ways back before APEX had theirs and then got some from APEX also. This struck some questions though. I know my mag from Poland is definitely Polish but I'm wondering about the ones from APEX. My Polish mag is like all Polish mags in that the rear rib only extends to about 3/16" below feed lip piece and is paint over park. Now the APEX mags the feed lip goes all the way up and the mags are blued. Could the APEX mags be new old stock or are they possibly another country of origin?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll have to be my only reply. Does anyone have any insight in this. twitching eyeball now

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have some of the black paint over park versions, but will have to get some of the blued ones. My guess is the blued mags are nos from the 50's when they first fielded the type 3 grenade launching rifle. The first versions of the rifle were blued, and I'm guessing the mags were done in the same finish. The later models were park over paint and I'm guessing the black mags were from the newer version.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not only are the apex ones blued but that rear rib goes all the way up as opposed to stopping short of top of mag before feed lip part. Looks like were geting closer thanks fellas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts