AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why there were never any Polish AKM ( fixed stock ) parts kit imported?....................Thanks................AD

·
Registered
549 Posts
Good question, not sure why myself. I was able to get my hands on an original set of polish AKM furniture and another AKMS folder kit to build one however. Only thing is finding a polish rear fixed stock AKM trunion... Could easily substitute a Romanian one tho, just not 100% correct; but then again, neither is a semi-auto only AKM. :neutral:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
I believe that the Poles had stopped using the fixed stock AKM's in the early 80's and ended up selling most of them to customers in the Middle East and Africa.

The folders that came in the country were from their first line surplus stock, and the milled grenade launcher rifles were still being used or kept ast first line surplus.

Just conjecture though, I don't have any real way to prove it one way or another.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I have a couple under folder kits that I am going to build into standard stock rifles, I have some new stock sets, my question is what rear tang would yall use for the build, I know it would be imposable to get a polish rear tang for a wood stock?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
IIRC, Global USA used Polish kits on Hungarian recievers when they first came out with there complete rifles.

My SSR85B is a FEG reciever with what I'm told is a Polish AKM parts kit.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
metalmole said:
Thanks guys, I have a couple under folder kits that I am going to build into standard stock rifles, I have some new stock sets, my question is what rear tang would yall use for the build, I know it would be imposable to get a polish rear tang for a wood stock?
I would use a real one and it's very possible to buy a real fixed stock Polish rear trunnion. Contact a board member here by the screen name "Shifty", use search to find his profile and send him a PM.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Baker47 said:
IIRC, Global USA used Polish kits on Hungarian recievers when they first came out with there complete rifles.

My SSR85B is a FEG reciever with what I'm told is a Polish AKM parts kit.
I think they used Polish AKs, not AKMs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts