AK Rifles banner

81 - 100 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
1979 unfired on DCI receiver built by Overland Industries.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
It took longer than anticipated, but it was well worth the wait...Mike & the guys at Missouri Custom Armament really built me a nice one! :grin:

Here's the details on the build:
It started out as a 1984-dated Polish Underfolder kit that I got from Greentimber here on akforum. The kit had a great deal of finish wear but was mechanically in Excellent condition. The handguards were the solid type instead of the laminated variety. "Mad Props" to Z_recto...he was able to hook me up with a set of "New" laminated handguards, a "New" Polish bakelite pistol grip and a "New" sling. I then needed a laminated buttstock and rear block and was able to get those items from Laukart here on the board. This rifle wouldn't have been possible without the help of these Gentlemen... :hail:

The U.S.-made compliance parts are a G2 Single Hook FCG, an Arsenal USA gas piston and Tapco slant brake.

The rifle was built on a NoDak Spud NDS-1 Premium receiver.

The metal is finished with semi-gloss Norrell's Moly-Resin. I refinished the wood myself with a custom-blended stain finished off with several coats of Formby's Low-Gloss formula Tung Oil Finish. I then rubbed it down with "0000" steel wool to cut down on the shine even more.

Enough with the details, here are the pictures:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Well, while I'm here, I might as well share some pictures of the Polish Underfolder that Mike & the guys at Missouri Custom Armament built for me a little over a year ago...

It started as a 1978-dated Collector's Grade kit from Dan's Ammo. It was built on a NoDak Spud NDS-1 Premium receiver. Compliance parts are a G2 Single Hook FCG, an Arsenal USA gas piston, and U.S.-made slant brake.

The metal is finished in semi-gloss Norrell's Moly Resin. I refinished the wood myself with Minwax Red Mahogany stain and Minwax Satin-finish Spar Urethane.

Here's the pictures:

Here's both rifles together...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Polish Tantal Pics

:cool: Here's a pic or two of my Polish wz.88 Tantal......I would have to say this was one of my most enjoyable builds that I have done so far. :grin: Sure is a very well rounded performer out at the range also. I figured I would throw in another pic of my PMKMS hangin out with his Romanian buddy on the lounger,... as well....... :roll:

Its time for me to get busy again building some more kits since I have been kicking back for about a year, now,.... enjoying my first 5-6 builds. Thousands of rounds later per build, and all are running like a swiss watch. A few scratches and markings here and there but holding up quite well since I have two other family members putting there time in as well with-em. T.C. :dance: Ken in Pa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Texas_XD said:
New guy w/AK's so I started with this Polish kit:

And took it to this on a NDS receiver:

:dance:
I now own this rifle, it's been a hell of a gun....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Krebs built Tantal . . .

And a kbk AKM, one of the post-86 samples (I guess -- select fire, anyway) imported by Magua Industries, later seized by the ATF and even later turned over to the JOS warehouse for training use by the military.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
WHat color is that? :shock:

81 - 100 of 444 Posts