AK Rifles banner

61 - 80 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Hot Polish Twins! >

I finished these up a couple of months ago actually. Just got a chance to take a picture!! 1972 PMKM and a 1986 PMKMS. Turned out SO sweet................... :cool:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Good stuff Tom.

I'll have a fixed stock AKM... one of these days.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tantal

PMKMS

RPD

I just picked up a really nice Underfolder kit in the Market Place, so that's the next one to get done

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Looks like you got a full deck of circle 11's.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
got mine done today.couldn't ask for an easier build.

·
Registered
45 Posts
First build

I've owned and spiffed up literally hundreds, but the Tantal was my first kit build. Acutally, my friend Brian did all the work: I just hung around and asked stupid questions. It has immediately become one of my all-time favorite Kalashnikov variants!

Thanks Brian. Thanks also to Paul Kennard, who did an excellent job parkerizing it.

E. Blake

Oh yeah; I didn't really like the little wire folder, so I made a stock for it out of a piece of walnut.

·
Registered
134 Posts

ETA: Ive had this one for a few weeks and had to do work to use the grip and stock for 922r. I dont know about the sling. I think its Bulgy, but I thought it looked cooler than the Polish green.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
The Polish twins....
Just finished the PMKM, all Polish, NDS-1 with selector and matching serial.

Both are 1985..............(yes that is a Polish bayonet):wink:

·
Registered
69 Posts
California Legal Polish Underfolder

:shock:

This is my "California Legal" Polish AK Folder.

The folding stock is locked in the extended position and a small spot weld is used to permanently hold it in the extended position. This spot small spot weld can be easily removed when I move to a free state without any blemishes or damage.

This rifle is equipped with a magazine lock (see the magazine relase area). This particular version of magazine lock is set up with a hole to insert a tool like a small screw driver to engage the mag release to remove the "fixed magazine" from the rifle.

In California, it is legal to have a fixed magazine rifle like AK types and AR types that are not listed on our Assault Weapons ban list (btw, this list can no longer be updated by law). We refer to these rifles as "Off List". If anyone needs more info. on this, please PM me.

So some folks here have come up with different magazine lock designs that allows the magazine to be locked into position and you can only use a tool to remove the magazine from the rifle, like you would use a tool to remove any other part..

The magazine is a 10 round magazine in a 30 round body. We refer to these as 10/30 magazines.

I have 2 Tantal builds and 2 Bulgy AK74 builds currently on their way to California in a California Compliant configuartion like this rifle.

This particular rifle was built using a brand new 99.9% new Polish Underfolder kit and a Nodak Spud receiver, plus the required 922r parts.

So all is not lost in California folks, we just make do where we can. :grin:

61 - 80 of 444 Posts