AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes em and where can i get some plum mags in 5.45...getting a cur 2 that's getting a kvar plum stockset......want a few (3-5) mags to mach...thanx

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kvar has em loose for 18.95 each....

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16726&cat=248&page=3

Here is the URL for the USED plum at KVAR. Make sure to use this URL. The other plum mag for a slightly cheaper price is sanitized (meaning they scraped the russian emblem (Triangle with the arrow) off.

4 for $100 of the new is not a bad price. I wouldn't use them - more of a collector item. I remember a couple years ago when these first hit our shores. I paid $75 for a new plum. (no lube provided)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
best deal I've run across so far was a gentlemen on gunbroker was selling brand spanking new Izhmash matte plums, even some with high 40/low 50 mold numbers for $16 a piece.

Needless to say I bought all he had left in stock.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
SturmGrenadier said:
best deal I've run across so far was a gentlemen on gunbroker was selling brand spanking new Izhmash matte plums, even some with high 40/low 50 mold numbers for $16 a piece.

Needless to say I bought all he had left in stock.
:eek:

Sweet deal!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
TravisAasen said:
used russian plum are my favorite shooters. :wink:
+1

Anybody noticed variations that have smaller sized Izzy arsenal markings than usual? I'll get a pic up later for comparison.

G

·
0 Posts
Those from Copes look better than any used ones I have bought. Wonder if they all are like that?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
TravisAasen said:
http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16726&cat=248&page=3

Here is the URL for the USED plum at KVAR. Make sure to use this URL. The other plum mag for a slightly cheaper price is sanitized (meaning they scraped the russian emblem (Triangle with the arrow) off.

4 for $100 of the new is not a bad price. I wouldn't use them - more of a collector item. I remember a couple years ago when these first hit our shores. I paid $75 for a new plum. (no lube provided)
i got the sanitized mags from K-VAR a few months ago,..they still had the Izhmash logo on all 5 mags,...but heres the thing,...they where made as plums at the factory,..then painted black at the factory for whatever reason,..the the black paint was removed some time later before i got them from K-VAR,....there all still have the silver "m" in a box but it is over a spot of black paint,.. so i know it was done at the factory,..ive got one plum with a few other proof marks on it as well,...only one had scuffs / light scratches,..i got mold #'s from 17-42,..all mags fit and function flawless.

ETA:they look like these:http://www.copesdist.com/images/AKRussian74 Plum Magazines.jpg

i just may pick up another (1) new plum just for shits and giggles,...

you are going to love the plum stock set,...i just got mine in the mail today for my AKS-74,...it looks nice on the rifle with a plum mag underthere.

also sorry for the hijack about plum mags

1 - 16 of 16 Posts