AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up a little while ago. I thought it would be a nice addition to my collection. Sorry the plum doesn't come out real well with the blue background. I'll try and replace these pics later.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SturmGrenadier,

what is the deal with that scope? I've seen those for sale and mounted to peoples 74s. Whats the scoop.

ta

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Yup....Designated 1PN58 and is about equal to Gen 1+ capability.

Drawbacks....size and the "fish eye" effect of the scope.

See how the whole diameter of the view is blured and smear direction is torward the center?

Still it is a nice addition to any Soviet/Russian small arms collection.

The size maybe a drawback but the actual weight isn't that bad.

3 scopes/sight that add to any Kalashnikov/SVD collection are 1PN58, 1PN51 and 1P29. You can see all 3 of these on Chamberlin's RPK-74N animation in the Russian forum.

http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
If you guys are interested in aquiring one, Northridge has them brand new unissued without numbers for $49. They are nice, I bought a couple for myself about a year or so ago. Get 'em while the gettin' is still there!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Cool That is where I got mine too. I need a AKM Type Russian (the one that looks like the Romanian) I can't find any anywhere!!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
TravisAasen said:
Mr.Krink - I just found one on Gunbroker - Russian AKM Bayonet that looks like the Romanian.
IM me the link.............

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I contacted the seller for you. I don't think it's Russian. I assume if it was russian it would have the usual tula star or arrow in the triangle. This had a circle K :sad:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
TravisAasen said:
I contacted the seller for you. I don't think it's Russian. I assume if it was russian it would have the usual tula star or arrow in the triangle. This had a circle K :sad:
Kosher. :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts