AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad have bought it in 1990's..there 26 written in triangle.it is milled receiver.on rare sight there is written D instead of 0. Handguard is made of plastic.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
It's a model 56 AK47. /26\ is the factory code for the military factory that built it. More photos please! Looks awesome. Something we can't easily own in the USA as there are very few transferable examples.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
In case you are interested, Factory /26\ is China's oldest military factory and is also know as Jianshe Industrial Corp.

Reactions: Jalal khan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's a model 56 AK47. /26\ is the factory code for the military factory that built it. More photos please! Looks awesome. Something we can't easily own in the USA as there are very few transferable examples.
IMG_20201218_205059.jpg
IMG_20201218_205038.jpg
IMG_20201218_205018.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
That is the first factory /26\ that I have seen with a Chinese character after the model designation. That means it would have been meant for domestic use by the Chinese Army. It will also have Chinese characters for selector marks as well. The “-1” after the “56” means you have an underfolding stock model. Also unusual that 2 of the serial numbers seem to be X-ed out. Looks like an early example. The second number of the serial appears to be a “0”, if that’s the case then it would have been made in 1965.

Beautiful rifle with what looks like a lot of character. I will also say more pics please!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the first factory /26\ that I have seen with a Chinese character after the model designation. That means it would have been meant for domestic use by the Chinese Army. It will also have Chinese characters for selector marks as well. The “-1” after the “56” means you have an underfolding stock model. Also unusual that 2 of the serial numbers seem to be X-ed out. Looks like an early example. The second number of the serial appears to be a “0”, if that’s the case then it would have been made in 1965.

Beautiful rifle with what looks like a lot of character. I will also say more pics please!
Thanks for giving your time...I have sent more pics...please take a look and comment....it's my rifle gifted to me by my dad and it is very beautiful...I have fired around 1000 bullets since childhood ( I'm just 21 now)...after fire when I pass the cleaning cloth attach with rope only one time, it muzzle shines again...it's outer condition isn't that good bcz it was dig in soil(during govt ban,if they found gun in your house, u shall be punished) , however it performance s very very very best. And it's voice...Ahhh!!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Thanks for adding the extra photos. I like the worn and rusty look, though it would have been nice if it was buried inside a plastic bag lol.

Great story and great rifle!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for adding the extra photos. I like the worn and rusty look, though it would have been nice if it was buried inside a plastic bag lol.

Great story and great rifle!
Thanks!... kindly let me know about the year of made if u know from serial nmbr etc.

·
Registered
719 Posts
China used a numbering system based on the on the year the Type 56 AK47 was implemented. Even though it is known as a “Type 56” (for the year 1956), it was in development in 1955 so that is when the numbering system started. Chinese AK’s (and SKS’s) that have 8 digit serial numbers use the first 2 digits as the year of manufacture. A serial number of 10xxxxxx would be made in 1965 (1955 + 10 years = 1965). A serial number of 12xxxxxx would have been made in 1967 (1955 + 12 years = 1967), and a serial number of 26xxxxxx would have been made in 1981 (1955 + 26 years = 1981), etc. The only exceptions are for the first 9 years of manufacture, those serial numbers are only 7 digits. For example a serial number of 7xxxxxx would have been made in 1962 (1955 + 7 years = 1962), and so on.

Other exceptions include AK’s made odd and rare factory numbers like /416\, (9236), (5506), etc. Those and some other factories did not follow the same numbering system as the common factories /66\ and /26\. The odd factories did not have 7 or 8 digit serial numbers but were 5 or 6 digit, so the numbering system does not apply to them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

China used a numbering system based on the on the year the Type 56 AK47 was implemented. Even though it is known as a “Type 56” (for the year 1956), it was in development in 1955 so that is when the numbering system started. Chinese AK’s (and SKS’s) that have 8 digit serial numbers use the first 2 digits as the year of manufacture. A serial number of 10xxxxxx would be made in 1965 (1955 + 10 years = 1965). A serial number of 12xxxxxx would have been made in 1967 (1955 + 12 years = 1967), and a serial number of 26xxxxxx would have been made in 1981 (1955 + 26 years = 1981), etc. The only exceptions are for the first 9 years of manufacture, those serial numbers are only 7 digits. For example a serial number of 7xxxxxx would have been made in 1962 (1955 + 7 years = 1962), and so on.

Other exceptions include AK’s made odd and rare factory numbers like /416\, (9236), (5506), etc. Those and some other factories did not follow the same numbering system as the common factories /66\ and /26\. The odd factories did not have 7 or 8 digit serial numbers but were 5 or 6 digit, so the numbering system does not apply to them.
Mine has
IMG_20201218_204747.jpg
e also 5 digit serial😭

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
Individual parts will only have the last 4-5 digits of the serial number stamped on them. It would be a waste of time and energy to stamp the full serial number on each part.

Your first photo of the factory code area appears to have the number 10534073. A 10-mil serial prefix would be the 10th year of manufacture, or 1965.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Individual parts will only have the last 4-5 digits of the serial number stamped on them. It would be a waste of time and energy to stamp the full serial number on each part.

Your first photo of the factory code area appears to have the number 10534073. A 10-mil serial prefix would be the 10th year of manufacture, or 1965.
Thank you so much!

·
Registered
719 Posts
You are welcome. And welcome to the group. You can post photos of any AK’s that you find on this forum and we will truly appreciate them. You have access to many weapons that we do not in the U.S. You would become a celebrity here for any of the eye candy you can share with us.

Thanks again for showing us your personal rifle. It is a special one, take good care of it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I found a photo of my /26\ parts kit to share. It’s currently at a builder waiting it’s turn for the semi-auto reweld routine. Mine was made in 1984 (29-mil serial range) as export to Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war. Because it is an export variant it does not have the Chinese character after the model designation, and also has “L/D” for selector markings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts