AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
How long ago did you track down the top kit? that is going to be an amazing reweld!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Holy shmoly that top kit has the fun hole

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Holy Moly how did you get your hands on those beautiful pieces? The top one sure is sweet! I would def give my left nut for one! How is the barrel on the top one?

·
Banned
1,881 Posts
Went with Turbo stamped T56 Receiver on my "Partial Kit" like that ( Complete barreled milled "Spiker " front end ,no import stampings,& dark furniture , early square cut ARSENAL 26 T56 trunnion scrubbed & RE STAMPED into MAK 90, nice chrome matching poly bolt & carrier) Real Matching Chinese Kits are unobtanium these days , nice to see pics of one to appreciate the rarity ...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
@Irierider just happened to get lucky and was in the right place at the right time and snagged the top one
@ evolixsurf the bottom one i got from ssp racing here off the forum with a trade and some cash. barrel on the top one is pretty good. only a little pitting along lands and groves towards muzzle end. a lot better than some yugos ive had that shot fine.
@ Story the top one i would say was possibly a bring back? as no plo kits to my knowledge had the receiver cut in that fashion. however, i really dont know and didnt get any information form the seller on it. the bottom one looks parked grey and is cut similar to plo stuff so i would assume the origin to be as such.
@Gator Monroe i would agree on the rarity of these kits. in the short time i have been collecting these are the only two t56 kits i have seen. i did see a m22 kit on gunbroker, but i got out bid at around 2k.

·
Banned
1,881 Posts
The barrel on my "Complete barreled" milled Spiker T56 Front half was pristine and the best condition I have ever seen, it was really tough to commit to having Turbo machine the threads off of it. But his Stamped T56 Turbo Receivers are top notch and not verboten in California like Norinco or Poly , and knowing I was having him Mate Barrel to the trunnion ( One of the hardest to obtain gun parts in my life)and finish the build gave me confidence that my once in a lifetime find of the possible "Bring Back" Front end was gonna be a Nice Chinese build.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
would love to see some pics gator

·
Registered
358 Posts
Freaking nice! Did the 56's have a slot for the auto sear? I've seen one with this sort of L shaped cutout....

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
So that one is not a export model? I remember the few milled Chinese kits I've seen were all marked I believe L & D

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
epicness!! lol! the dark wood bottom kit had a brother it came over with that was same serial range and no different other than other one had dark blood red forarms and grip with that dark black jungle rot inside the chui wood ever present on so many Vietnam jungle used guns. they were a pair one of the early kca guys mike wood had initially picked out of the first plo kits to be dug thru he kept a long time and sold off last. the red forarm one got built already in pa. and was up for sale last I saw it. the most interesting thing is that the pair of originally super early blood red Chinese type 56s were kept together or came back together over time like a yo-yo. warms my heart like when my lady watches a love story on tv. if that pair of plo guns could talk they would probably say we were at guongzhou then we landed in Hanoi then da-nang the off to quang tri then we fought the Chinese after America pulled out changed hands 57 times then off to Libya then Palestine then isreal then they cut us and sent us to America of all places where they did all kinds of crazy things to us like we were in a petting zoo!!!

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
the story of the top kit I know too but it was just a police chop and seller wasn't elaborating other than it was recently cut and one ak is same as another. it likely has a crazy life story too.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Well, you remember the bloodred HG kit that was in PA? It's now safe and sound in NV. :). It's all put back together and happy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts