AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Arsenal Inc.'s are very functional but non-traditional. All plastic furniture, including the fluted handguard and long "NATO pact" butstock (which for me is must to fit correctly).

The pistol grip is also plastic, but to my hand feels too thin. I like the wood pistol grips on some other models, which have the same traditional profile but are fatter. I'd like to keep all the furniture entirely plastic though.

A couple of years ago I saw a web site selling plastic grips with the same dimensions of the wood (fatter). Wish I'd grabbed one then, since I can no longer find that site.

Considering the rest of the gun though, I'm not wedded to a traditional profile pistol grip. If it's plastic and fits the hand, it'll be the right one.

Please submit what you think works best (pics welcomed) - - thanks!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Have you tried the SAW grips? Some people like them & some people hate them. Personally they are one of my favorites. I have them listed on my site www.MidwestArmory.com for as low as $18.99 but if you type in coupon code 762 at check out it will knock an extra 5% off the total which brings it down to about $18

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I'm thinking of getting this for my milled SAM-5. Does this grip fit really well after dremel modification? I don't want it wobbling around. thanks.

Glock Holiday said:
I installed one of these on my SAM7. It says it's for stamped but you can dremel it easy enough to fit. I did without any problem.
It's fatter and the finger grooves fit my hand real well.I'd buy another one.
I see they are out right now but you might check back.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=208

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
I've been hoping I'd get my Saiga Flared grip from Andrai to do a reveiw but the damn Russian/German/U.S. mail system blows ... :neutral:

The best grip I ever had was from one of those old black Chicom stocksets from the 90's, now that was a good grip ... :twisted:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Ligament,
Just go really slow. You can use a rasp or file if you want. You can take off too much before you know it so be careful. Mine got loose first time out but it was because of the screw not the grip.I used a star washer like on my AR pg and locktite and no problems. If you get one you'll like it :cool:

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Have you ever held an East German grip?

I haven't measured it, so I'm not certain if it's any wider than the common plastic pistol grips, but it does feel better in my hand. It's the knurling, I think.

DDR furniture is unpopular for some reason ( :smile: ), so you shouldn't have to pay more than $4 or $5 for one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts