AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, there was a discussion on AR-15.com. It was the AR vs. AK discussion. Repeated almost every day but still you get to read some fun info that may be helpful. All was going well untill some hothead came on and said we are all retarded because we did not kill someone on a battlefield. I have full respect for our vets and even tried to go into the Army (type 1 diabetic, not allowed) but this guy just befowls all vets by acting so Ramboish. He attacked the guy who started the thread for no reason and said it was not an attack because it was true. He said he saw a 20 year old M-16 in service. I pointed out the over 50 year old AK that was still in service. He told me I was full of it. I linked him to the US captured 1949 AK and how nice it looked despite being in Afghan service. I gave him the proof he wanted. At least one other member said he was out of line because of the personal attacks.

Some Army buddy told us we were new and were morons because we have not been in the field. Then he deleted the thread.

I am pissed off with those hothead morons who think they are the best at everything because they were at war. There are hundreds of thousands of other vets who don't want to be rewarded on every damn thread every second of the day who have done more and better things than him. His attitude is flat out trashy and he sounds like an Uncle Sam recruitment poster.

Lee Harvy Oswald was a marine, but nobody patted him on the back for killing Kennedy, so why the hell should we stand front and center and ignore all the facts we give because one guy says he was in a war?

Rant over.


I must enforce the fact that I am PRO US TROOPS and think that there are no other people I would rather fight beside and no cause worth fighting for more than the ones our guys fight for today. I support our troops and our vetrans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Better to be pissed off than pissed on

Q-gunner2 said:
OK, there was a discussion on AR-15.com. It was the AR vs. AK discussion. Repeated almost every day but still you get to read some fun info that may be helpful. All was going well untill some hothead came on and said we are all retarded because we did not kill someone on a battlefield. I have full respect for our vets and even tried to go into the Army (type 1 diabetic, not allowed) but this guy just befowls all vets by acting so Ramboish. He attacked the guy who started the thread for no reason and said it was not an attack because it was true. He said he saw a 20 year old M-16 in service. I pointed out the over 50 year old AK that was still in service. He told me I was full of it. I linked him to the US captured 1949 AK and how nice it looked despite being in Afghan service. I gave him the proof he wanted. At least one other member said he was out of line because of the personal attacks.

Some Army buddy told us we were new and were morons because we have not been in the field. Then he deleted the thread.

I am pissed off with those hothead morons who think they are the best at everything because they were at war. There are hundreds of thousands of other vets who don't want to be rewarded on every damn thread every second of the day who have done more and better things than him. His attitude is flat out trashy and he sounds like an Uncle Sam recruitment poster.

Lee Harvy Oswald was a marine, but nobody patted him on the back for killing Kennedy, so why the hell should we stand front and center and ignore all the facts we give because one guy says he was in a war?

Rant over.


I must enforce the fact that I am PRO US TROOPS and think that there are no other people I would rather fight beside and no cause worth fighting for more than the ones our guys fight for today. I support our troops and our vetrans.
Its amazing that people who risk their lives for others freedoms while gaining first hand knowledge of multiple weapons systems could develop an superiority complex like that. What make them think they are special? Just because the served their country ahead of their lives. I am sure it is hard for them to understand that though they have been there and done it, someone who experience outside of war (which is what the weapons are designed for) might know what they are talking about. Especially those grunts that lived and used their weapons for months at a time. I think they should step back and realize that the DC sniper used an AR to kill a lot of people so it is possible for non vets to have knowledge and proficiency of an AR. I am sorry you got your feeling hurt. I am sure it was a nam vet they are the worst.

BTW if this was the SHTF gimme an ak you are being slightly melodramatic. I watched it and saw your posts. No one should be called a moron but that is no reason to hate on vets. There are plenty of non vet assholes out there too.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I always figure they were probably cooks when they act like that. Maybe even discharged for failure to adapt or worse. Don't let them bother you. They are only serving themselves, not their country. MV out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My older brother is in the NAVY, has been for 14 years, and still swears that the reason the US stopped using the 7.62x51mm is because our enemies were using it in their 7.62x39mm rifles. He has also gone through weapons training and has shot everything from a M-4 to an AUG.

Risking your life for your country is good but it doesn't let you be an asshole to anyone. Einstein was not in a battlefield and developed the worlds first succsessful atomic weapon... how is THAT for a "weapon of war"?

Yeah, Einstein was a real idiot. If he killed someone, maybe he would have skipped the atomic bomb and gone straight to the hydrogen bomb. How stupid he was...

ETA: Thanks MV, good advice.

ETA2: I do NOT hate Vets! I said that first and last in my post. I just said that guys like him give vets a bad name and that his macho Rambo "Im better than you" attitude was uncalled for and gives vets a bad name.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
ETA2: I do NOT hate Vets! I said that first and last in my post. I just said that guys like him give vets a bad name and that his macho Rambo "Im better than you" attitude was uncalled for and gives vets a bad name.
and like I said there are plenty of non vets who are rambo wannabe assholes. You are the one pointing the finger. If you wanna call someone out be a man about it and call them by name. Don't hide behind the fact that they are a vet. Like it or not that is just gonna piss off some people who are vets. We don't like being lumped into groups because of a few assholes anymore than you like being treated like a feeble sissy who can't fathom the experiance gained thru combat and military service.

Well thats enough deceased equine abuse for me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Q-gunner2 I was apart of that thread. I saw nothing wrong with what was posted. You are stretching the truth on the conversation. It's a discussion. Creeper post was set up to troll responces. I answered although I knew better. Why there was many true things stated, there was alot of BAD BAD Info being spread. Half truths or half Lies. Anyway you want to look at it. Urban legend things, Myths.....
Im sorry to hear about your medical situation. I know you would have done what you stated to me.

Im not attacking your brother view on the 7.62x51 vs 7.62x39 . But he is wrong in thinking thats why we quit useing it in our standard issue rifles.

One last thing to say. Why go over there and set Troll post up ??? Man up. LET IT GO. You have alot of dual members.. Im one of them. Im not dragging Arfcom over here and Im not dragging this great site over there. I will gladly back this site over there if I see people over there bad mouthing AKforum. LET IT GO.......... Peaceman... wardawg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
TheRealSundance said:
It's a message board. :shock:

Amen! Welcome to your new home.......where we are not responsible....and for the most part, don't really care what anyone else is doing. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
MontanaVet said:
I always figure they were probably cooks when they act like that. Maybe even discharged for failure to adapt or worse. Don't let them bother you. They are only serving themselves, not their country. MV out!

:lol: :lol: How true. Heck, in the AF the "Tooth -to-tail" ratio was 96%....


I've been somewhat guilty in other places.....but I got over and past it..

I figure that if somebody can use what I might pass-on, that I paid a price to learn the hard way, if TSHTF and it helps them and theirs, then that's good enough for me.

Heck, even back in Nam, everyone had their own personal version........even for us AF pilot pukes, some had billiting and flush toilets, some of us had a shovel (with C-Rat TP) and a Huey floor......go figure....

If somebody is abusing "Vet" status, turn them over to us and , at least, I will call them out. Read "Stolen Valour" and you'll see that "we" don,t like "them" in the least bit..

Don't fret, son....just ask us, and at least here, I pray, you will get truthfull answers to any issue.

It is, after all, Just the internet..... even my only "Credibility" "Here" is a "one-time" tour of the classified base I gave to "Rotdorn" on a recent visit of his....I actually AM the "REAL DEAL"....and have nothing to gain from "SHI**ig" you.....


No kidding.
:grin: :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My point is that my brother is wrong. Being in the armed services does not make you a genius, even if you are trained to use the weapons.

I did not use his name because even though he is an asshole I do have a certain amount of respect for him.

The guy who started the thread was not a troll, he was expressing free opinion. I do that sometimes too. If I am wrong, I hope for a response stating the truth. It is how we learn. I do not expect some hothead to call me an idiot and tell me I do not know anything untill I go off to war. Also, I have seen Creeper on several other threads/groups being perfectly logical and asking/giving helpful questions/answers. Does posting about something that is a common topic make one a troll? If so, give me a green mask. I love my AK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
715 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
My point is that my brother is wrong. Being in the armed services does not make you a genius, even if you are trained to use the weapons.

I did not use his name because even though he is an asshole I do have a certain amount of respect for him.

The guy who started the thread was not a troll, he was expressing free opinion. I do that sometimes too. If I am wrong, I hope for a response stating the truth. It is how we learn. I do not expect some hothead to call me an idiot and tell me I do not know anything untill I go off to war. Also, I have seen Creeper on several other threads/groups being perfectly logical and asking/giving helpful questions/answers. Does posting about something that is a common topic make one a troll? If so, give me a green mask. I love my AK.
See '"All Above' And :CHILL'................Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
Accountant30339 said:
Amen! Welcome to your new home.......where we are not responsible....and for the most part, don't really care what anyone else is doing. :wink:
That's great, LOL ... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,682 Posts
HA! I read that thread after a few post. I could see the shit storm forming. The Ar/AK debates are just a pissing match. Run away...run away
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,257 Posts
Why debate which is best any way. Buy what you want and enjoy it I own both but have 8 ak's and growing with 1 ar. The world takes all kinds, just live your life. I'm not aiming that at you Q, I'd just like to see this forum stay the way it is without all the BS AR15.com has.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,707 Posts
I agree with MV.
But I suggest you get a grip on your co-dependency issues! Yeesh. You don't wanna wind up on Oprah! Myself, before I give a damn what others say to me or think of me, I rate them as to their worthiness. If they are a-holes, I ignore them. To do otherwise is to play their game and then they control you. Remember the old advice about not arguing with idiots? :mrgreen: Conversly, if someone I respect tells me I'm full of it, that gets a lot of introspective study. All of us need "adjustments" from time to time!
If ignoring them doesn't work and they continue to be in my face or worse yet, threaten personal safety of myself or a loved one, then find a way to smash them and move on. But never let them piss you off and control your thoughts! That's like letting a moron grab your steering wheel.
In the Navy I became, of necessity, an expert at destroying a-holes with kindness. That is one thing they don't know how to deal with. But I only had to do that because we were trapped on a ship together and I could not get away with ignoring them.
Thankfully, now that I'm retired, I can declare my life, home and workshop an "asshole free zone" (AFZ).
Recently at the range I use some Navy officer Rambo wannbe with his Tac harness and FOUR Colt 1911's strapped all over himself loaded, cocked and safeties OFF was strutting his stuff and making the rest of us very nervous. He'd whip out a gun while facing away from the targets, swing around with it past our faces and then let fly at his Osama paper target. I didn't confront the turd. I just went and got the retired Gunny who runs the place to observe him for a bit (Thankfully a very short bit. I like that old Gunny!) and then he got thrown out and banned from the range. In this case, the chain of command works. Confronting him would be playing his game. Then all lose.
But on a discussion board? Geez. Just ignore them.
Better yet, spend more time on this board. Since it started up I have noticed that many of the best folks from AK.net now hang out over here. You CAN pick a better crowd to hang out with!
Never let an a-hole get you down!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,682 Posts
Sidecarnutz said:
Recently at the range I use some Navy officer Rambo wannbe with his Tac harness and FOUR Colt 1911's strapped all over himself loaded, cocked and safeties OFF was strutting his stuff and making the rest of us very nervous. He'd whip out a gun while facing away from the targets, swing around with it past our faces and then let fly at his Osama paper target. I didn't confront the turd. I just went and got the retired Gunny who runs the place to observe him for a bit (Thankfully a very short bit. I like that old Gunny!) and then he got thrown out and banned from the range. In this case, the chain of command works. Confronting him would be playing his game. Then all lose.


I wish I had a retired Gunny to handle all the Aholes I come across.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love this board :grin:.

There was an unsafe moron like that at our local free range once. He was a "gangster" with his Tu-Pac shirt and a Ruger P something 9mm. He walked IN FRONT of the firing line when the range was cold and opened fire on his target POINT BLANK! MAN I wish there was a range master there.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top