741 - 760 of 795 Posts

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
That is just beautiful vantv8!

·
Super Moderator
26,417 Posts
If I ever do another build, it will be a milled receiver.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Anybody
I could use some help with the proper wood for that ^ build
The stock was said to be Bulgarian .... the lower and grip are Polish (how close is Polish?)
Would the upper be laminate of hardwood?
Been searching photos but there’s not much Iv found that show the wood of an early for sure Bulgarian T3 ... wide shot of rifles are unidentifiable .... could be anything.
Reaper book has only close ups of markings.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Anybody
I could use some help with the proper wood for that ^ build
The stock was said to be Bulgarian .... the lower and grip are Polish (how close is Polish?)
Would the upper be laminate of hardwood?
Been searching photos but there’s not much Iv found that show the wood of an early for sure Bulgarian T3 ... wide shot of rifles are unidentifiable .... could be anything.
Reaper book has only close ups of markings.

Thanks
I won't say I know the answer but have a question that will help - what production YEAR do you intend to represent with that build?

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Well, this is the start of my "family." One newborn built by Coastal Gun Works in Virginia Beach (1986 Polish Circle 11 on NDS-1P) and two still to be completed (1991 Bulgarian Circle 10 AK74 and 1989 Romanian Mod 63). Not the best photos but thought I'd share.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Nice group!

Your 1989 AEC prefix kit was made at the SADU arsenal.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
The very first AK kit I bought in 2007. Original barrel kit from Ohio Rapid Fire.

BFPU fixed stock - all matching. I pressed the barrel out of the trunnion about 9 years ago.

I'll build it when I consider the receiver "perfect". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
193 Posts
1990 Plum Bulgy kit w/ orig bbl cut and crowned w/ 74 hider blind pinned and welded to achieve barely-legal 16.1" length

Some other cool stuff used in the build: H&K rotary aperture sights, Galil mag catch, Swift lever

741 - 760 of 795 Posts