AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. A friend who I met through this board who is in Afghanistan has been sending me pictures of things he's come across over there. He's an AK guy like us so he knows what we like to see :wink: He doesn't mind me posting pictures, as long as there are none of him. So I figured I'd start a thread to post some. He's always stumbling across really AWESOME things and taking pictures of them, so I'll be updating it from time to time. He's already sent me about 15 or 16 folders of pictures of different stuff (not all AKs).

Anyways, to kick it off, here's something ya dont see every day. An all original Type I AK47 dated 1951. He said an Afghani soldier was carrying it around.

Enjoy so far!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
holy crap batman. the maga rare WOOD T1 pistol grip!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
type 1

butiful pictures. yeah the rare wood grip.It's in really good condition for it's age & beating it's probibly taken

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
hey jeff, tell your buddy we need more T1 crack please. it's almost been 30 minutes now.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL you guys are nuts! :razz: He said that the TI ran smooth as butter and didnt miss a beat.

More pictures of things in a few minutes, once I host them. Dont know if I have more of Type I's or II's, but I'll look.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright here's some more pictures, ya crackheads!

(note the cardboard still under the topcover, in the mag well, etc..this is a BRAND NEW RPK47)

(brand new, caked in cosmo Yugo milled RPK)

(GP25s)

(Romanian RPK47s)

Just a note, my friend now owns the mags in the last two pictures. The cutaway bakelite is shown inserted in a Tula AKM that he bought for either $100 or $200 from an Afghani and carries everyday (ETA: Correction, the AKM pictured is NOT his. He says his is MUCH nicer :razz: Will post pictures of his personal Tula if he sends some). The plum waffle mag is also real, and you guys know how FREAKIN RARE they are. And he didnt pay $5 for them..not $10 for them..he freaking traded steel mags for them!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Blanco_Diablo said:

Just a note, my friend now owns the mags in the last two pictures. The cutaway bakelite is shown inserted in a Tula AKM that he bought for either $100 or $200 from an Afghani and carries everyday. The plum waffle mag is also real, and you guys know how FREAKIN RARE they are. And he didnt pay $5 for them..not $10 for them..he freaking traded steel mags for them!! :eek:
He carries the rifle every day or the mags everyday?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
This fukin post rules!!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Holy crap. That Type 1 should be in a museum. It's bizarre to think that some Afgany dude is just hauling it around the sandbox, probably completely unaware that a bunch of crazy gun collectors in the US are lustfully staring at photos of it right now.

Those photos are as close as I'll ever get to a Type 1, but boy would I love to have that thing.

-Thirtycal

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
In the pic with the GP-25s, the rifles on the right look like they have Maadi forends. There is a definite distinction between them and the ones on the left. Are they Egyptian?

Thank your friend for taking his time to take these, and thank you for sharing.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
damn! :hail:

i need to get over there and offer like a couple G's for one of those boxes full of ak's! ultimate parts bin! id chop those bastards up and use em for [email protected]! :hail: :hail: :hail:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
drummerdude1188 said:
Blanco_Diablo said:

Just a note, my friend now owns the mags in the last two pictures. The cutaway bakelite is shown inserted in a Tula AKM that he bought for either $100 or $200 from an Afghani and carries everyday. The plum waffle mag is also real, and you guys know how FREAKIN RARE they are. And he didnt pay $5 for them..not $10 for them..he freaking traded steel mags for them!! :eek:
He carries the rifle every day or the mags everyday?
Carries the rifle every day. He said he bought it because it was made the same year as he was :razz:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts