AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BWEST Chinese Ak
Blued finish

I'm in need of the proper bayo. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sling is on the way from Rotdorn! Thanks Pal!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Travis, that is nice. My son has a Chinese pellet gun with that same folder! :wink:

·
Registered
488 Posts
For this gun...

A standard non-wire cutter blade bayonet -with the brown synthetic grip & scabbard.

A fairly standard (as like with the chinese SKS slings) green canvas sling with the leather tab attachment at the front.

And, get a blued metal chinese 30 round mag while you are at it.

Then, it is "correct" -if that is what you desire.

Lollygagger :smile:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Excellent addition Travis, I am missing one of thoe in my Poly collection as well. Hell, I'm missing a lot in my Poly collection...

(in hypnotists talk) "You must send that rifle to me Travis, you will sleep better at night knowing you did a good deed"

:twisted:

Yep on the standard green sling w/ leather tab, and the "bakelite type" bayo... and the blue mag. Travis, you wouldn't happen to have a blued Chicom mag around for that thing, would ya', or maybe 876 of them, hmmmmmm? :lol:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THS said:
Excellent addition Travis, I am missing one of thoe in my Poly collection as well. Hell, I'm missing a lot in my Poly collection...

(in hypnotists talk) "You must send that rifle to me Travis, you will sleep better at night knowing you did a good deed"

Yep on the standard green sling w/ leather tab, and the "bakelite type" bayo... and the blue mag. Travis, you wouldn't happen to have a blued Chicom mag around for that thing, would ya', or maybe 876 of them, hmmmmmm? :lol:
Ha! I've been trying to find a pic of a 'blued' chicom mag? I think you guys have stumped me on this one. Could someone post a pic please. I have plenty of flat back chinese and bakelite Chinese, but I don't 'think' I have this Blued mag..

Oh yea, Templar...You going to teach me how to put the Chinese sling on :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I assume the bayo you described is the Type 2 as pictured here in MRKRINKS new Pictorial Guide to BAYONETS Located in our reference section. Check it out - BTW. :wink:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice AK! I love that bakelite furniture and mag.

Is that one of the ones imported by Bwest but not built on one of their recievers?

Templar has a great sling install tutoruial at Gunco, I used it so many times I finally learned how to just slap it on without it. Thanks Templar :grin:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
B.Mauser said:
Nice AK! I love that bakelite furniture and mag.

Is that one of the ones imported by Bwest but not built on one of their recievers?

Templar has a great sling install tutoruial at Gunco, I used it so many times I finally learned how to just slap it on without it. Thanks Templar :grin:
Yes, according to Mr. Templar that is a China made AKS imported by BWEST.

I'm still a touch retarted when it comes to slings. :goof:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
:shock: Great rifle. I love that sidefolder.

Too bad I didn't know you needed the Chinese bayonet. I passed on both a Chinese T1 and a bakelight bayo. The bake would have been perfect for you.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I regret to inform you of the ONLY remarkable problem with these...

YOU'LL NEED A OVEN MIT if you fire off many rounds!

There is no heat shield built into the chinese handguards, and, the synthetic material used really, really. really transmits heat to your hand.

I'm serious. you'll have to use a glove if you intend to pop off more than a full magazine within 30 min.

The East German bakelite handguard does likewise...I was able to make a aluminum shield (beer can material) and epoxy tack it inside it. You might consider likewise...but there islittle space inside the chinese handguard to do so.

Lollygagger :neutral:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lollygagger,

That's ok - I was wondering about that. I hate to admit it, but this rifle is more or less just a safe queen. I have a few other's that I shoot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
TravisAasen said:
THS said:

Ha! I've been trying to find a pic of a 'blued' chicom mag? I think you guys have stumped me on this one. Could someone post a pic please. I have plenty of flat back chinese and bakelite Chinese, but I don't 'think' I have this Blued mag..

:

You know what I meant. :roll:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nice gun Travis...I just had 2 Chinese red and black bayonets up for sale. Sold now tho. Great setup. Its a keeper.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those are nice. THS, is this the mag you were talking about. I wasn't joking above. I knew another mag existed I just didn't have any or any pics.

DYBIRD, thanks for the heads up. I may to order a few of those.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yep - that's them, here's a pic of a Poly / Chrome follower mag on top of a flat black chi-mag:

ETA: I have only (1) of them, otherwise I'd sell ya' one Travis.

If it's not Blue, it really, really has the appearance of blueing, versus the black of the regular mags.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Nice 56-2. I think I have seen that some place before. Red bakelight bayo is correct. Have one question for you. Are your upper and lowers the exact same color as your pistol grip & folder? Oh there is one thing you must remeber when shooting that B-West model if the receiver gets hot
throw if down immediately and call me I'll have to take it off your hands.
Just Kidding. Great Score! Not sure on the blued mags but if they are made for a Polytech not totally sure that they will fit a Norinco. I know my Norinco's will not fit my Poly's, but could work in reverse.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Lollygagger said:
For this gun...
And, get a blued metal chinese 30 round mag while you are at it.

Then, it is "correct" -if that is what you desire.

Lollygagger :smile:
Why do you say that a blued metal Chinese mag is more correct than a bakelite mag? Thanks for any info.

Here is my rifle. What am I doing wrong? How come I can't post pics? Do I need 50 post or above to do it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts