AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a mystery 50 round mag!
Yes, I know it looks ridiculous but I have never seen anything like it in person so for $10 I couldnt pass it up. The only match I could find was on Cheaperthandirt. They said it was my the "National Magazine" company. The reviews of it are horrible but I wasnt expecting much. I was actually able to fit all 50rnds in it but it would hardly cycle by hand. It seems the plastic follower gets caught up.
Other than that, it doesnt seat very well and the spot welds are pretty shotty. You can also see that the mag lips/locking lugs are an entire separate piece and are just welded onto the mag.Hopefully Ill get to shoot it next week and we'll see how many I can get through it. (It does make a nice bench rest :rolleyes:)
If anyone knows anything more about this mag I'd love to hear about it. Im pretty certain its US made

·
Registered
77 Posts
theres another one out there that goes all the way back up and has a loop that goes over the muzzle brake. So far everyone who has had one says they dont cycle at all but looks kool 0% reliability though.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
slap it in an ak and hang that bitch on the wall as art...looks cool but thats about it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Ive got 50-ish round mag that is made of 2, 30rd bodies tacked together. Come to think of it, i don't think i've ever used it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might just try a new follower into it. Got it for kicks anyways. Now I want a 5, 10, 20, and 40 round steel mag

·
Registered
41 Posts
It has the characteristics of a Chinese all stamped mag at the feed lips and locking lug.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts